Manager, ITS User Support Services
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, ITS User Support Services position. The Manager, ITS User Support Services manages the day-to-day operations and supervision of the User support staff, which includes oversight for maintaining and completing work order administration, hardware and software installation, configuration, maintenance and inventories, status reports and coordination of project and deployment schedules. In collaboration with ITS leadership and the technical support work teams, the IT USS Administrator works with user departments to identify and solve system and process problems, identify unused system features, determine appropriate implementation plans, and ascertain the impact on other system areas when modifications, patches and/or upgrades are required.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• MCSE and CAPM certification required. [NOTE: The College will consider applicants without the CAPM certification; under the condition that the certification is obtained within the first 90 days of employment.]
• Minimum of five (5) years direct supervisory experience coordinating the administration of Helpdesk and technical support teams is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience troubleshooting, maintaining and performing computer-related repairs and desktop application support using Microsoft Windows and MS Office suite applications required.
• Minimum of two (2) year's work experience within an Active Directory environment utilizing SCCM required.
• Demonstrated thorough working knowledge of network and desktop operating systems; including the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software as it pertains to the network and desktop availability required.
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required.
• Ability to interpret business needs, create and execute complex solutions that may involve several applications required.
• Ability to conduct best practices research and adequately document solutions required.
• Effective communication skills to collaborate with all levels of management required.
• Strong facilitation and project documentation skills with demonstrated ability to motivate a team required.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects required; strong organizational skills required.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to lift a 60-pound parcel from the floor to a desktop height, as needed, is required.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• ITIL / CompTIA A+ and Network + certifications preferred.
• Supervisory experience in an IT environment within higher education preferred.
• Experience working in a large Microsoft enterprise network environment is preferred.
• Experience working in an Apple enterprise environment preferred.