Program Director/Instructor Process Technology
Program Director/Instructor Process TechnologyType of Position:
The Process Technology Director reports to the Dean of Health, Workforce, and Technical Studies. Duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Manage the overall operation of the program.
2. Have three-hour release time as Program director; teach classes for remainder of FTE.
3. Build and recommend class schedule each semester.
4. Recommend class schedule for entry to Banner system.
5. Recruit, review, and recommend faculty for employment and termination.
6. Develop curriculum and initiate curriculum updates and revisions.
7. Complete and maintain program reports, including but not limited to, annual program review, outcomes assessment, and accreditation details.
8. Evaluate adjunct faculty performance.
9. Assign adjunct faculty load.
10. Coordinate and recommend departmental requests for instructional materials, supplies, facilities, and capital outlay for departmental budget.
11. Coordinate information for certification exams related to program.
12. Maintain files and complete reporting requirements.
13. Orient newly employed faculty in their teaching duties and offer guidance for the improvement of instruction.
14. Review students’ course survey results following each semester, and handle informal student grievances.
15. Monitor and complete degree plans for graduating seniors.
16. Coordinate an industry-based advisory committee following the Guidelines for Instruction in Workforce Education.
17. Attend faculty and administrative meetings.
18. Maintain appropriate office hours.
19. Assist in advisement, recruitment, and retention of students.
20. Serve on college committees.
21. Perform other related work as assigned.
This is a non-tenured full time faculty position.Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in related field preferred. Minimum Associate degree in related field.
Minimum of five years (5 years) recent work experience related to course work in the program.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to, and understanding of, the unique needs of students with diverse backgrounds. Must comply with established college standards and policies.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215.
Lamar State College Orange is an EEO/AA/TSUS Institution.Salary:
04/30/2021Open Until Filled: