Program Coordinator (23597)
Job DetailsLevel UndisclosedJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKRemote Type N/APosition Type StaffEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $38,000.00 - $38,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift UndisclosedJob Category UndisclosedDescription Job Responsibilities:Coordinate adult basic education and military-connected outreach programming and services to assist EOC participants with recruitment, growth, enrollment, and admissions services. Review and maintain EOC participant records and generate reports for EOC CARES. Coordinate the development and/or preparation of informational materials relevant to EOC participants. Recruit and coordinate the recruitment of students for EOC CARES and/or projects to assist with GED completion and enrollment in post-secondary education. Work in close collaboration with VUB to coordinate participant related programs and events for military connected students interested in attending college to include (but not limited to) open-houses, award ceremonies, career days, and student organizations. May assist in educational-related activities related to the enrollment and admission process to post-secondary education.Assists with military-connected recruitment efforts. Meets with participants on a regular basis to track their academic progress. Counsels participants regarding academic endeavors. Acts as a resource person for academic information and decision-making strategies. Collects, organizes, and enters data. Monitors and tracks all participant records to ensure admissions, FAFSA completion, and enrollment. Meets with participants to advise and provide program retention services. Maintains EOC website and electronic documents Converts manual records to a computerized based information system. Assists Program Manager in planning and implementation of workshops and activities. Manages personal data in accordance with federal human protections certifications requirements. Develops and implements educational programs by following up on existing initiatives and identifying new outreach opportunities. Coordinates and implements various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for special events relating to under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts. Guides and oversees the work of staff and/or student employees when engaged in directly related support activities. Performs other related duties as assigned. Serves as the on-site supervisor in absence of the Program Director.This position is a grant funded position which can be renewed yearly for up to 5 years, but is not guaranteed. This current grant is scheduled to end August 31, 2021. Department Specific Essential Job Functions:Operational & Technical 40%
- Meet one-on-one with eligible first-generation, low-income veteran participants to assist with enrollment, admissions, and financial aid applications for post-secondary education.
- Understand student challenges, successes, and concerns related to career development.
- Manage the delivery of student focused workshops, presentations and staffing of information tables.
- Use technology and social media as a means to engage and inform current and potential UCO CARES EOC.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Connect with local organization/community mentors to support UCO CARES EOC.
- Conduct outreach to increase awareness of services addressing participant needs.
- Assist with the development of publications and creative marketing strategies to promote resources and services.
- Develop intentional relationships in the community/campus to create partnerships in order to discover ways to successfully guide participants to reach their educational/career goals.
- Assist employers in connecting with participants and arrange for community connections to speak with military connected participants regarding post-secondary education, financial aid, and potential career topics.
- This position will supervise college transition coaches in order to meet program objectives involving participant recruitment and enrollment into post-secondary education.
- Set goals of performance requirements as coordinated between the Program Manager and Coordinator to meet grant objectives and guidelines.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback for college transition coaches.