Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Research
POSITION: ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF CLINICAL RESEARCH
DEPARTMENT: COLLEGE OF PHARMACY & HEALTH SCIENCES - CLINICAL RESEARCH DEPARTMENT
STATUS: FULL TIME
The College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences at Campbell University is seeking a qualified individual for a position as a full-time faculty member in the Department of Clinical Research. The appointment will be for a 1-year term, renewable annually, and based at the University’s main campus in Buies Creek, North Carolina. Faculty responsibilities include teaching in the Bachelor of Science (seated) and Master of Science (100% online) Clinical Research programs, mentoring students, advising graduate student research projects, developing/maintaining a scholarly agenda, and serving on Department, College and University committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching students in the Bachelor of Science in Clinical Research (BSCR) and the Master of Science in Clinical Research (MSCR) Programs. The BSCR Program is seated and conducted on main campus. The MSCR Program is 100% online.
- Developing and revising clinical research courses as appropriate.
- Providing guidance and mentorship for clinical research students.
- Promoting and supporting student presentations and publications.
- Serving on Department, College and University committees and other assignments.
- Participate in assessment of the Program, College, and University, as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Other job-related duties, activities and responsiblities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Uphold and abide by Campbell University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX and Information Security, including but not limited to HIPAA, FERPA and other state and federal mandates.
- A relevant terminal degree (i.e. doctorate level) from an accredited institution is required.
- Two (2) years of clinical research experience (i.e. residency, fellowship, post-doctoral, or work experience) is strongly desired.
- Experience in teaching, specifically in higher education, is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicate effectively through both oral and written channels.
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy, and discretion in dealing with University faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and standard methods of digital communication, including web/text/chat platforms.
- Familiarity with utilizing social media platforms.
- Exercise independent judgment in complex, new, and/or stressful situations.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet set deadlines.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours to support student activities and teaching.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity, and the ability to work within the Christian mission of Campbell University.