CAMP Resident Assistant 2021-2021 - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: CAMP Resident Assistant 2021-2021 - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225352
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a CAMP Resident Assistant. The role of the Resident Assistant (RA) for the CAMP Program is that of a live-on liaison between the Student Affairs Staff, CAMP staff and UNG CAMP residents. The RA's primary functions are to offer peer assistance and directions to residents, to provide opportunities to continue learning outside of the classroom, to enforce community standards and residence life policies, and to report maintenance and safety issues to the proper departments. RAs must also demonstrate a commitment to the goals of the Residence Life Program as well as an adherence to UNG Policy. RAs are required to attend scheduled Training sessions/meeting/activities. Weekday/Weekend/holiday duty shifts required.Responsibilities
- Be responsible for community development through peer assistant. Plan and implement programming activities throughout each semester.
- Oversee and assist in leading the CAMP RHA as Vice-president.
- Participate in training and opening/closing activities within each semester.
- Enforce community standards and Residence Life policies.
- Assist in planning and implement CAMP programming activities during the academic year with the Migrant Student Union.
- Report maintenance and safety issues to the proper departments
- Know and abide by university policies, housing policies and housing contract terms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
- Time Management
- Good Judgment
- Computer Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- At least one (1) semester living inside a residence hall.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA while being in good standing with the University of North Georgia (financial, judicial and/or academic).
- Must complete a housing contract and assume all financial/legal obligations related to the contract.
- Experience with event planning and working with budgets is preferred.
- Cover letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.