Posting Code: 3028726
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Facilities Maintenance
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform heavy-duty cleaning and maintenance work in an assigned area and coordinate the work of other custodians; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.Essential Functions:
The Custodian Leadworker must:
● Explains priorities for completion of projects; resolves problems associated with staff assignments; schedules jobs to be accomplished; ensures safe working conditions for clients and staff; trains in proper and safe way to perform custodial services and operate/maintain equipment; reviews work to insure compliance with standards; prepares performance evaluations; keeps records of employees hours worked; inventories supplies and materials; insures room availability and event schedules are followed.
● Performs and leads others in heavy-duty cleaning; cleans, sanitizes, and polishes fixtures; dusts, mops, waxes, shampoos furniture, woodwork, walls, windows, and glass; removes waste and debris; selects products and cleaning compounds; measures and mixes compounds, disinfectants, and sanitizing agents and applies them according to procedures or manufacturers' specifications; orders supplies for custodial closets; sweeps, strips, seals, and waxes floors; sets up tables, chairs, and similar items for events; removes adhesives, tiles and carpet; refinishes floors and prepares them for recarpeting or special flooring; moves furniture, appliances, and other heavy items; sets up and climbs ladders and scaffolding; shovels snow; reports building maintenance needs; performs a variety of duties to insure facility operation including: setting-up bleachers, portable flooring, tables, and chairs for special events; providing direction and answering basic questions regarding events for patrons; and setting-up and preparing audio/visual equipment and related aids for use.
● Operates scrubbing, buffing, shampooing, vacuuming, and wet/dry pickup machines; performs routine and preventive maintenance on cleaning equipment; finishes floors using sanders, strippers, and final finishers; uses snow blowers, hysters, airlift platforms, dollies, and carts; replaces belts, brushes, and bearings in power equipment; insures that floor and building area is secured including doors locked and lights and appliances off; reports fire hazards, other emergencies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
● Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify cause of errors or other problems
● Ability to monitor building premises to ensure occupant of visitor safety
Good knowledge of: the methods, materials, and equipment used in heavy-duty custodial work including related safety practices; cleaning agents and related products and their possible reactions.
Some knowledge of: supervisory practices; sanitation and infection control; training methods used in custodial work.
Experience: operating industrial-type high-speed cleaning equipment; performing minor maintenance on custodial equipment; using hand tools to repair cleaning equipment; explaining the use and maintenance of custodial equipment.
The pay for this position is $13.65 per hour. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
Advertised: March 26, 2021
Applications close: April 18, 2021