Senior Systems Engineer
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-26
Provides hardware/software support of computing systems within the Heart Center in the following areas of application development/maintenance operating systems computer operations telecommunications field engineering or systems control. Install/modify/monitor basic routine and advanced computer systems and programs. Design new basic routine and advanced computer system and/or programs.
- Performs duties of considerable complexity in support of computing systems
- Demonstrates overall responsibility for hardware/software installation and maintenance system performance and problem resolution
- Analyzes future needs and makes recommendations
- Provides high level expertise and technical direction for systems hardware/software support services
- Supports both internal and external customers
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience: 5 years of experience required
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.