Community Health Worker
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
The Community Health Worker is the main point of contact for HIV/AIDS clinic patients as part of the Infectious Diseases Clinic to ensure access to medical services, support services, and educational resources. This position works in consultation with clinicians, social workers and other medical center staff to coordinate services. The goals of the Community Health Worker is to ensure that clients with HIV/AIDS have timely access to comprehensive medical care and social services; prevent disease transmission and delay of HIV progression and to promote and support client independence and self-sufficiency. The Community Health Worker will be supervised by the Medical Case Manager Supervisor. A high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of administrative experience are required. A Bachelor's degree, experience working with educational programs and indigent populations, and knowledge of HIV/AIDs are preferred.
Key Performance Area: Patient Care
- Explaining the basics of HIV/AIDS and self-care to the newly diagnosed;
- Connecting people with services; assisting with appointments and transportation;
- Acting as a liaison between clients and care providers;
- Being a "voice of experience"; and facilitating support and education groups.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to provide customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret policy and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Access to personal transportation to travel to/from patient home/clinic appointments and testing sites.
To apply please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for "R0022774". Complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the CV/Resume box.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
Please note multiple documents can be submitted in the CV/Resume Box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.