Academic Advisor (Pathway Navigator), #31801
Location: St Peters, MO, USA
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
SCC seeks a full-time Academic Advisor (Pathway Navigator) who is responsible for identifying, recruiting, admitting, and enrolling students into health occupation programs, in addition to keeping frequent contact with students and community partners; and demonstrating understanding and sensitivity to the needs of all students.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides comprehensive academic advising services to new, transfer, continuing, and future students. Services will be delivered in one to one, online, group, and telephone settings. This position will have current knowledge of all college programs, transfer information to other colleges, College scholarship opportunities, and a basic understanding of federal financial aid.
- In the advising setting, clarifies student educational goals, instructs students on the appropriate pathway to reach those goals, works in collaboration with the student to build a course pathway plan to complete those goals, and assist with the navigation process to complete those goals which includes all aspects of registration.
- Participates as an active member of the recruitment team. This includes but is not limited to creating program brochures, following up with Open House attendees, and regular outreach to community partners, educational partners, etc.
- Assists with special programs and research projects.
- Participates in the development and implementation of enrollment and outreach strategies.
- Composes letters and compiles data for reports.
- Maintains appointment calendar and regularly schedules visits with program partners.
- Processes applications and registration paperwork using the College's student information system.
- Attends recruiting functions (e.g. job fairs, Open Houses, education fairs, etc.).
- Tracks and maintains data and creates reports per departmental needs. This includes preparing and updating documentation associated with grant funding and certifications, per departmental needs.
- Follows up with post-certificated graduates to promote pathways and additional educational opportunities as well as assists with transition to credit programs.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one year of related experience in serving students and/or employers in the areas of advising, registration, marketing, career advising, or recruitment; or equivalent combination of education and experience; The candidate will be familiar with program registration and eligibility requirements; have excellent interpersonal/customer service skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; planning and organizational skills; proficient in use of Microsoft Office products; and willingness to travel locally by car.
Preferred qualifications: Two (2) years of experience in higher education student services and Master's degree from an accredited institution.St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.