Executive Director, Campus Communications and Publications
UAHS CommunicationsDepartment Website Link:Location:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
UAHS-Tucson, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Executive Director for Campus Communications and Publications in the Office of Communications at the University of Arizona Health Sciences is responsible for providing leadership and implementing strategies that connect and engage UArizona Health Sciences campus audiences with its mission, strategic initiatives, and educational, research and outreach programs.
The position reports to the Associate Vice President for Communications at Health Sciences and will partner with leadership to develop communications campaigns and content that drive culture and inspire faculty, staff and students to become ambassadors for the brand.
The Executive Director ensures that strategic campus communications plans support the institutional positioning of Health Sciences through a primary focus on storytelling, practical and inspirational messaging, and executive communications and thought leadership.
The position also is responsible for leading the writing, editing and production of digital publications in alignment with content and outreach development led by other team leaders, and for ensuring coordination with colleagues producing content for Health Sciences colleges, centers and departments.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs and leads key campus communications strategies to engage employees on UArizona Health Sciences priorities and culture evolution.
- Leads team responsible for writing, editing and production of digital publications in alignment with content and outreach development led by other team leaders, and ensures coordination with colleagues producing content for Health Sciences colleges, centers and departments
- Collaborates and works closely with the Brand Communications, Corporate and Community Relations, and Creative Services teams to develop and support metrics-driven comprehensive Health Sciences communication plans that target key audiences.
- Serves as co-lead with Brand Communications team lead for Health Sciences crisis communications planning and execution.
- Develops, implements, and maintains operational and budget plans, programs and systems for building and managing corporate and community partnerships.
- Creates solutions through investigation and analysis to develop multiple and/or innovative approaches.
- Influences others to accept new practices, concepts, and approaches. Recommends objectives, policies, and plans to leadership.
- Provides leadership and guidance, coaching and developing staff to enhance functional and leadership skills and expertise within a diverse community.
- Evaluates staff performance, plans training and development, makes recruitment and pay recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 9 years of related work experience, including 5 years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise professional staff responsible for engaging internal audiences, including developing constructive team culture, articulating common goals and providing a clear direction and resources to achieve success.
- Experience in building and developing high performing teams.
- Experience planning, developing, directing, implementing and evaluating strategic internal communications plans.
-Master’s degree in the field of study of Communications, Journalism, Related preferred.
-An unwavering commitment to making the Health Sciences a diverse and inclusive community.
-A record of personal and professional integrity with a leadership style that promotes creativity, teamwork and strategic thinking.
-Ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships across diverse stakeholder groups.
-Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
-Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously, while managing competing priorities.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
13Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Lisa Black | [email protected] | 520-621-7246Open Date:
3/26/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.