Desktop Support Technician
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-26
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acts as first point of contact in the problem determination process, for desktop and network issues.
- Provides quality customer service to all clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Organizes and prioritizes support requests.
- Monitors, administers, tracks, and verifies completion of help desk tickets.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Prepares, installs, tests, and certifies any desktop configuration, including any software drivers.
- Conducts basic troubleshooting for desktop and laptop computers.
- Applies migration from previous PC and executes PC hardware moves.
- Loads and configures software at desktop.
- Verifies software is functional and escalates issues.
- Decommissions any existing hardware that has been replaced.
- Completes, updates, and closes Service Center tickets.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i102