Manager, Central Equipment & Asset
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-26
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Central Equipment Processing and Distribution Equipment Manager oversees the overall accuracy and efficiency of the UHealth Systems movable medical equipment (MME) inventory and inventory systems, as well as the technicians involved in the day-to-day functions of the CEPD department.
The incumbent is responsible for meeting the applicable regulatory requirements from entities such as the FDA and Joint Commission. He/she trains staff on inventory functions within the dedicated systems and educates staff hospital-wide on the proper care and maintenance of MME. The CEPD Equipment Manager must interact continually and effectively with all staff, responding to and anticipating their inventory needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends, as necessary.
- Maintains a system for proper control, maintenance, and utilization of all supplies, in accordance with Joint Commission and other relevant standards.
- Reviews all inventory levels and adjusts to maintain adequate inventory turns and recommends par levels and inventory management to the respective departments.
- Assures that all equipment is received/entered into the respective systems timely and put in the correct locations in the department.
- Maintains the rotation of supplies and inventory and maintains the effectiveness of decontamination and routing of equipment to clinical engineering if needed.
- Coordinates and schedules regular cycle counts house-wide and communicates the results to management.
- Manages the annual fiscal year-end inventory, explaining variances and adjustments.
- Maintains all supply areas and pars level carts and/or automated dispensing supply systems in a clean, neat and orderly fashion and assures that all supply shelves and bins are labeled with the appropriate par levels, all items are counted correctly and placed in their correct location, and all over stocked items are returned for credit and all damaged goods are returned for exchange.
- Ensures that all items removed from the department/supply area are expensed to the correct department.
- Maintains relevant inventory systems including the applications of par level, min-max parameters, etc.
- Analyzes reports (i.e. ABC analysis, usage history etc.) to target efforts to maximize inventory efficiencies.
- Manages all equipment rentals utilizing the escalation process for rental approval.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Coordinates the process for monthly departmental inventory counts for accuracy, conducts audits, and adjust PAR levels as necessary to increase effective utilization throughout the organization.
- Assists product recall administrator in pulling product from inventories that has been identified in an alert or recall and communicates to affected staff and introduces substitute product in collaboration with clinical engineering.
- Attends the organization’s product evaluation and standardization committee meetings and follows through on changes to stock or data gathering as needed and is responsible for assuring that all computer processing has been entered and completed daily.
- Works in close collaboration with Asset Management department for effective inventory management.
- Responsible for assuring that all work areas and storage areas are maintained in a safe and proper appearance.
- Maintain and assist in coordinating effective communications between nursing, surgery, and all other departments.
- Reviews the recommended reorder report and works with the buying staff to achieve optimal stock levels.
- Works with department managers to assure the par levels are reviewed annually for usage and need.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supply Chain leadership.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c107