Instructor or Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Colorado – Business School
Open Rank Clinical Teaching Track- Assistant Professor or Instructor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.About CU DenverAs one of three institutions within the University of Colorado system, CU Denver is a premier research university in Colorado, serving more than 30,000 undergraduate, graduate, and health professions students in Denver, Aurora, and online and awarding nearly 4,000 degrees each year. The renowned researchers and award-winning CU Denver faculty offer more than 100-degree programs through 13 colleges and schools. The Business School is located on the Downtown Denver Campus in one of America's most vibrant urban centers, just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts, the LoDo District, and the state capitol. The new Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5 million square feet of research, educational, and clinical space on 227 acres. Students, staff, and faculty have access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational, and cultural opportunities on both campuses.The Business School brings together a world-class faculty, top-notch students, and influential business partners. With classes offered during the day, in the evening, and online, the Business School is the largest graduate school of business in the region and the first choice of business professionals; undergraduate business programs are recently revised and rapidly growing.The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The University strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding.CU Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The University strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding. CU Denver's diversity is enriched by its commitment to a philosophy of inclusion, embedded in all aspects of campus life from its community members, curriculum, research, and community service, allowing for the creation of a learning environment that welcomes, embraces, sustains and celebrates the unique and shared experiences of faculty, staff, and students.Open Rank Clinical Teaching Track or Instructor Position – Business AnalyticsThe Business Analytics area of the Business School of the University of Colorado Denver invites applications for non-tenure-track faculty at the ranks of Assistant Professor, Clinical Teaching Track, or Instructor. An individual in either of these positions will develop and teach courses in Business Analytics, further develop new programs and/or curricula, maintain AACSB professional or scholarly qualifications in their area of expertise, and perform service activities.Job responsibilities:A successful candidate hired at the Assistant Professor,Clinical Teaching Track, level can expect a distribution of 60% teaching (6 courses annually), 15% service, and 25% research for faculty who produce two or more academic peer-reviewed publications every five years. The Assistant Professor,Clinical Teaching Track, role has research/scholarship responsibilities that include applied or pedagogical scholarship disseminated in refereed academic outlets. A successful candidate hired at the Instructor level can expect a 70% teaching work distribution (7 courses annually), 10% service, and 20% research/scholarship. The instructor role has research/scholarship responsibilities that may consist of publications in practitioner journals, documented professional education experiences, or participation in professional conferences. At either rank, faculty are expected to demonstrate continued professional growth in their fields.Successful candidates will be an integral part of programs and instruction for the Business Analytics area. They should feel comfortable teaching undergraduate and graduate students (MBA or MS Business Analytics) from within the Business School or a cross-disciplinary data science program. Candidates may be tasked with teaching and/or developing courses related to some of the following topics: applying modern data science tools, business analytics, data visualization/communicating with data, project-based capstone, business case studies, and operations management.Salary and Benefits:The salary range for these positions have been established at: Instructor is $80,000-$90,000Clinical Track Assistant Professor is $108,000-$120,000The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Minimum qualifications: Instructor:
- Qualified to teach both undergraduate- and Masters-level courses. A candidate must either possess:A Ph.D. in Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or a terminal degree in a field closely related to Business Analytics from an accredited (or equivalent) university, orA Master’s Degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or a terminal degree in a field closely related to Business Analytics from an accredited (or equivalent) university plus five or more years of mid-level managerial experience.Only candidates with at least one year of experience teaching Business Analytics or a closely related field will be considered. Instructional experiences while a student (e.g., a teaching assistantship) will satisfy teaching experience requirements only when the applicant was serving as the primary Instructor for the course. Serving as a tutor, grader, periodic guest lecturer, or similar roles do not meet the experience requirement.
- Applicants must meet the CU Denver Business School definition of Assistant Professor, Clinical Tenure Track:
- Business School definition: Assistant Professors, CTT hold a terminal degree in a relevant field and have deep experience in their teaching area. There must be evidence of teaching effectiveness at the university level as well as the potential for service and research/scholarship that supports the program and the School. They must demonstrate ongoing relevance through intellectual contributions in research/scholarship or be within five years of receiving terminal degrees.A Ph.D. in Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or a terminal degree in a field closely related to Business Analytics from an accredited (or equivalent) University satisfies a terminal degree requirement a relevant field.
- (i) courses developed and/or taught in business analytics or closely related areas(ii) publications in peer-reviewed journals in business analytics or closely related areas, and/or (iii) non-academic work experience related to business analytics.
- A premier journal publication (e.g., A* rated on the ADBC list), orTwo high-quality journal articles (e.g., A-rated on the ADBC list), orAt least three academic refereed journal articles, or scholarly books, orA mixture of at least four refereed academic articles, scholarly books or papers, research grants, industry white papers, and other peer-reviewed research.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Mar 25, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing