Director of the Agricultural Institute & Assistant Director of Academic Programs
PG190877EPInternal Recruitment :
Director of the Agricultural Institute & Assistant Director of Academic ProgramsAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience.Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday - 8:00am-5:00pmJob Location:
Raleigh, North CarolinaDepartment :
CALS - Academic ProgramsAbout the Department:
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is the fourth largest college at NC State University, a land grant institution in Raleigh, North Carolina. Agriculture and Life Sciences have been integral parts of North Carolina State University since the doors first opened in 1889. The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences continues that heritage today. CALS teaches students in disciplines related to agriculture and life sciences, creates new knowledge through innovative research, provides solutions for the public with community based extension programs, and develops leaders to guide society – all in an effort to improve the economic, environmental and social well-being of our state and the world. CALS Academic Programs carries out the College’s teaching mission, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as two-year associate degrees through the Agricultural Institute.Essential Job Duties:
- The College of Agriculture and Life Science at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC seeks a Director of the Agricultural Institute (AGI) and Assistant Director of CALS Academic Programs. This is a full time administrative position, reporting to the Associate Dean and Director of Academic Programs in the College. As AGI Director, the person in this position will lead and manage the AGI and as Assistant Director of Academic Programs, this position will support college-level academics.
The main areas of responsibility for this position include, but is not limited to:
- Provide leadership and vision for the Agricultural Institute (AGI) to ensure its continued success in graduating well-trained, career-ready students to support North Carolina’s agricultural industries.
- Support AGI students, staff and faculty; develop and evaluate curriculum; support and create strong student and faculty success programs; secure external funding; improve retention, graduation and employment rates; increase new and transfer student enrollment.
- Provide excellence in administration, including fiscal and operational management; ensure compliance with accreditation, university and college policies; generate reports; develop appropriate AGI policies; and conduct other related administrative functions.
- Teach or assist with appropriate high-quality AGI courses as needed.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with AGI faculty, staff and students, CALS Administration, and internal and external stakeholders; develop and maintain a highly professional atmosphere; provide high level customer service at all times.
- Manage academic and college awards, teaching effectiveness efforts, and other college-level programs as needed.
- Represent the AGI, CALS Academic Programs and Associate Dean as needed and support Academic excellence at all levels in CALS.
- This position will also collaborate and communicate with department heads, AGI Coordinators, Directors of Undergraduate Programs, and Directors of Graduate Program.
This position is for current permanent NC State University employees only.Other Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Candidate must have an earned doctorate in an agricultural or life sciences discipline, or a Master’s degree in an agricultural or life sciences discipline plus at least 10 years experience in academic instruction in an academic department at NC State University.
- Must have strong organizational ability, communication skills, and a commitment to higher education and to student success.
- Ability to motivate and effectively interact with diverse clientele, including students, alumni, pre-college youth and their parents, staff, faculty, administrators, external stakeholders, and other external audiences.
- Candidate must have an earned doctorate in an agricultural or life sciences discipline, or a Master’s degree in an agricultural or life sciences discipline plus at least 10 years experience in academic instruction in an academic department in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at NC State University.
- Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of start.
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
03/26/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please attach a cover letter, C.V., and contact information for 3 references.
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
110101 - CALS - Academic ProgramsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.