DescriptionColorado School of Public Health | Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center | Instructional DesignerPosition #782370 – Requisition #20671
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Instructional Designer position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Department Information
The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a unique and collaborative graduate school that combines the collective expertise of three Colorado universities: the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora, Colorado State University (CSU) in Fort Collins, and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley, Colorado. The Colorado School of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. The school’s faculty, staff, and students work together to reach underserved populations, share knowledge, and conduct innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, costly injuries, and more. As the School of Public Health located within the University of Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in education and employment, by recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. We strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding; and encourage applications from, racial and ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, and veterans, ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.Position Information
This position with the Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center (RM-PHTC) based at the Colorado School of Public Health's (CSPH) Center for Public Health Practice (CPHP), will work to expand learning opportunities for the public health workforce by creating new and innovative learning opportunities. This position will work with faculty, external partners, and subject matter experts to develop learning objectives, identify appropriate development tools, compile, and develop training materials for learning opportunities. This position will be responsible for technical support to training participants and instructors. This position will provide instructional design support for the development of new learning opportunities including multimedia and multimodal content, online courses, online modules, and webinars, among others. This position will also be responsible for video and audio editing and learning management systems. The individual in this position will be expected to follow emerging and novel practices and research in public health training, education, and instructional design. The Instructional Designer position will be part of a fast-paced workplace and diverse multidisciplinary team, requiring effective communication skills. The ideal candidate takes personal initiative to be highly organized and adept at implementing and following processes, adapting as project priorities shift and learning new skills as needed. Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.The person hired into this position will be required to adhere to the University of Colorado’s Code of Conduct. You can review this policy at: APS 2027 - Code of Conduct | University of Colorado (cu.edu)Examples of Work Performed
Salary and Benefits:
- Develop asynchronous learning opportunities.
- Create and edit multimedia learning materials.Develop, maintain, and update training portals, web assets and learning management systems.
- Provide technical support for webinars and bi-directional video events.
- Be an active participant in receiving and giving feedback on team projects.
- Learn new technologies and methods using resources available to the RM-PHTC like Lynda.com.Work with stakeholder experts to identify the most appropriate development tools and assist with design and development of online training content and courses.
- Train individual or groups of faculty and staff in the use of the learning management systems and other applications as needed.
- Coordinate instructional activities which may include the logistics for distance delivery technologies.Follow emerging and novel practices and research in public health training, education, and instructional design.Provide technical support to instructors and learners utilizing online training platforms.Design, develop and maintain the websites or online assets related to, developed by, or maintained by RM-PHTC.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $45,000 - $55,000.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or a directly related field from an accredited institution, and at least 1 year of professional level experience in instruction, instructional technology, web development, media development, systems management, workforce training, training development, and/or higher education learning opportunity development.
- Substitution: Relevant work in instruction, instructional technology, web development, media development, systems management, workforce training, training development, and/or higher education learning opportunity development) may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Content Authoring tools (e.g., Photoshop, Captivate, Present, Acrobat Pro) and webinar platform (Connect).
- Experience working with a variety of web conferencing, presentation, distance learning, and video editing tools and software.
- Experience with HTML coding or other programming experience
- Experience with learning managing systems (i.e., Canvas, Blackboard, etc.) to create and manage online courses, user accounts, course settings and enrollment options.
- Experience teaching and supporting individuals new to technology.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and designing interactive educational products using a wide spectrum of current educational technologies.
- Experience managing web sites and working with learning management systems that includes the integration into existing web-based registration systems.
- Experience working as part of a team to identify new design methodologies, delivery techniques, and educational technologies to enhance educational offerings; and to develop standard team processes in support of the overall training program.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion. Proven ability to work with a high level of independence, balance multiple projects in development concurrently, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for innovation and enthusiasm for helping others learn using new technologies.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Job Category:
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Mar 26, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University