Business Services Senior Professional
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Center for Health and Artificial IntelligenceJob Title: Business Services Senior ProfessionalPosition #00782425, Requisition #20674
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Center for Health and Artificial Intelligence has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Service Senior Professional.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The University of Colorado, Center for Health Artificial Intelligence (CHAI) Business Professional is responsible for exercising discretion, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, and services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Individual will work in a self-directed manner with excellent prioritization skills. Will need to be mission-driven and a strong advocate for the growth and development of opportunities within the Center Individual will be responsible for ensuring the Center is running smoothly and managing office operations and procedures.Supervision Received
The Business Services Professional will report directly to the Director of Finance and Administrator.Supervision Exercised
This position does not directly supervise others.Examples of Work PerformedOperational, and Administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Strategically manage all office logistics, planning, and execution; including acting as point person for EMS (room reservation) system
- Manage coordination of all visiting professor, recruitment and grand rounds speakers including, but not limited to, travel, reimbursements, and IT logistics.
- Develop and disseminate marketing materials for Center speakers and engagements.
- Coordinate and manage Chair/Director meetings, center meetings, and leadership committee meetings.
- Provide primary administrative and calendar management support to the Chair/Director and Deputy Director.
- Provide support on travel schedule including conference bookings, airfare and hotel accommodations, ensuring the travel is well-organized and optimizes time and trip effectiveness.
- Ensure procurement, travel arrangement, and travel reimbursement compliance with University and Center policies and procedures.
- Establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Procurement to purchase necessary office equipment and supplies for events and Center operations. Manage the Center FedEx account.
- Serve as expert in all facilities issues, work orders and/or problems and/or new requests that occur within the Center.
- Execute Center special projects and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $48,137 - $67,391.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field. A combination of education and related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of two years of experience with day-to-day business and administrative operations.
- Minimum one year experience in procurement and/or purchasing.
- Prior experience in administrative support including scheduling, calendar management, customer service, and effective communication.
- Strong computer and technology skills; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Two years of experience with University policy, CU Marketplace systems and CU Concur.
- Experience in higher education
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Mar 26, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University