UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Salary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
UNT Housing Custodial Services prides itself on providing an exceptionally clean and sanitary environment for students, faculty and visitors to our campus.Position Summary:
The Housing-Custodial Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Part-Time Custodian to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- This is cleaning work and custodial care of University buildings. Work involves the performance of cleaning and sanitation work in an assigned building or work area, and occasional special project work.
- The position will move furniture, sweep, mop, strip floors including application of non-ammoniated stripper, buffing, using wet vacuum to remove wax, rinse, refinish floors with wax, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and maintain records and complete forms accurately.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change).
- Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
- Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Monday – Thursday 6 am – 10 am, Friday 6 am – 9 am.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Kneeling, Lifting up to 50 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear, Ability to communicatePosting Number:
H224PQuicklink for Posting: