UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
UNT-Univ Brand Strategy & Comm-Gen-180000Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Salary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the Division of University Brand Strategy and Communications collaborates with internal and external partners to:
- Advance and protect UNT’s institutional identity and reputation.
- Reinforce and grow UNT’s brand in graphics, images and words.
- Increase UNT’s visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace.
- Support UNT’s student recruitment, retention and graduation goals.
- Strengthen UNT’s relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
This is a professional position that participates in the planning and production of video projects as either a team leader or team member for the purpose of recruitment, image and community relations. Work includes creating high-quality video content consistent with the university’s mission and strategic goals using a combination of sophisticated techniques and professional experience; operating digital cameras and lighting equipment on location as well as in the studio and post shoot video editing; exercising independent creative judgment and technical expertise in shooting and editing for a variety of creative projects; and collaborating with URCM leadership and other staff in a work team environment.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and five years of work in commercial photography OR
high level video production and post-production, including working knowledge of Visual
Effects, audio engineering and film directing.
• Advanced technical and creative knowledge in DSLR pro-camera operation or
advanced technical and creative knowledge in pro, multi-camera operation and
• Advanced technical knowledge in photo editing, or video and audio capture and
post production editing.
• Advanced technical and creative knowledge in environmental and studio lighting
• Advanced comprehension of a complex Digital Asset Management System
• Ability to work with agility and effectiveness within complex projects and under
• Good working knowledge of visual effects and color grading.
• Must be a creative and technical problem solver.
• Advanced skills in industry standard software preferably in Photoshop, Adobe
Premier and/or Final Cut software.
• Ability to create, compose, edit video scripts and storyboards, and perform editorial research.
• Advanced proficiency in Premiere/After Effects and Final Cut Pro. A proven advanced proficiency level with Photoshop and Illustrator is a strong plus.
• Expertise and mastery of video production process, camera operation, different camera and lens types, microphones, proper filming techniques, lighting design, and post-production.
• Experience covering live events.
• Understanding of technical requirements for delivery of assets on various distribution channels.
M – F 8:00 – 5:00 plus some special occasion evening and weekend workDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Sr Photographer/VideographerPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Twisting, Walking, Grasp, Talk or Hearo:
Maintains institutional brand through consistent application of appropriate graphic identity markers in all video and photo productiono:
Scouts locations, schedules and makes necessary arrangements for shootso:
Creates high-quality products by deadline that meet UBSC’s and UNT’s vision and strategic goalso:
Meets accepted standards of good photography and if relevant video productiono:
Operates equipment and lighting with creative expertise; cleans, maintains, and ensures the security of equipment.o:
Translates market research into effective creative strategies with collaboration from other team members to meet set goals.o:
Follows proper procedure for editing and archiving of images.o:
Juggles multiple tasks; plans ahead; manages time effectivelyo:
Edits projects using latest technologies and practices.o:
Maintains accuracy and timeliness in all aspects of this work.o:
Serves as team leader or team member as needed and works collaboratively with allo:
Keeps supervisor and/or team leader aware of any situation that may require proactive management, i.e. situations that may attract positive or negative attention to the university.o:
Properly maintains equipment and keeps an orderly and organized operation; participates in and contributes to creation of better office systems.o:
Treats confidential information with extreme care.o:
Carefully uses resources of the office; practices economy without sacrificing quality.o:
Refrains from presenting problems without suggesting solutions.Posting Number:
S1726PQuicklink for Posting: