Research and Instruction Librarian/Diversity Resident
Research and Instruction Librarian/Diversity ResidentAbout Susquehanna:
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.Position Summary:
Susquehanna University invites applications from early-career librarians for a three-year position as resident librarian. The Research and Instruction Librarian/Diversity Resident will support development of student research skills and play a key role in the Library’s support of the University’s diversity, equity, and inclusion effort. The position provides professional work experiences and career development in preparation for future leadership roles in the field. The Research and Instruction Librarian/Diversity Resident will learn how to develop the vision, strategies and goals for the Library’s teaching and learning initiatives, while serving as liaison to the Sigmund Weis School of Business and/or other departments as assigned. The resident will benefit from structured mentoring at Susquehanna and from networking through the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Diversity Alliance. Serves as a member of the faculty with rank, but without tenure, in accordance with the Susquehanna faculty handbook. Rank at appointment will be at instructor or assistant professor.Required Qualifications:
ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent received or completed by December 31, 2021
Experience working with diverse racial and ethnic populations required
Coursework in business, economics or related social sciences, and familiarity with statistical analysis and assessment analytics preferred.
• Articulate the value of integrating information literacy skills into the curriculum and the impact of IL to Susquehanna’s students as lifelong learners
• Provide instruction to students and faculty in the use of library and other information resources
• In collaboration with other librarians, support information literacy programming
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to learn inquiry-based teaching methods
• Ability to support research and information needs in business and/or other related social sciences
• Demonstrated ability to advance the University goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Familiarity with libraries’ roles in promoting open access and open educational resources
• Strong interpersonal skills, multicultural perspectives and service orientation
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to benefits of diversity and inclusion throughout an organization
• Skilled at written and verbal communication, including formal presentation to groups
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending.
Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Working conditions are indoor.
YesNumber of Months:
Full TimePosting date:
03/11/2021Open Until Filled: