Director, Business and Program Development
Director, Business and Program Development
Job Number: 88920
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Executive Education is a highly successful and growing unit within the GSB. It is responsible for the development and management of all the school's non-degree program offerings and has grown significantly over the last 10 years. The mission of our organization is to “use GSB faculty ideas to inspire global leaders to change their thinking and drive positive impact throughout their organizations.” Executive Education also provides an ideal vehicle for the GSB to experiment with innovation in both content and pedagogy.
Establish a strong sales pipeline for the GSB Executive Education's portfolio of on-campus, virtual and online programs by prospecting, qualifying and closing leads. The position will work closely with both faculty and corporate client partners to create an impactful Executive Education program for senior corporate executives.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage strategic client relationships to meet business objectives.
- Identify, qualify and close new custom program opportunities and establish a strong sales pipeline.
- Support senior Stanford faculty to design and develop new programs based on corporate client needs, market opportunities, faculty research and Stanford differentiation.
- Conduct formal negotiations, finalize and administer complex custom client agreements with guidance from the Office of General Counsel.
- Partner with Executive Education Program Development team to design client proposals.
- Build partnerships with other schools and GSB departments.
- May oversee event management to support program objectives.
- May travel as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and ten years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups and all levels of management.
- Strong service orientation, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work well independently, but also able to seek out assistance when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment and the ability to conduct negotiations in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and demands.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Language skills preferred but not required.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency