Executive Director, Faculty Affairs, School of Professional Studies
Job location: Charlotte, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-25
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Design, develop and monitor effective recruiting process and practices to attract exceptional and agile faculty talent. Provide onboarding and acculturation for new faculty. Manage offboarding for exiting faculty.
- Establish and effectively support a school-wide faculty personnel committee. Collaborate with our Academic Programs team to establish priorities, performance metrics, quality assurance and innovative approaches to adult learning and delivery of SPS programs.
- Consult with third party vendor/online program management companies and other external resources and networks to identify faculty talent for identified course needs.
- Design and facilitate new faculty orientation and faculty development programs to support faculty success in teaching/learning and faculty productivity.
- Create and manage appropriate metrics to measure, analyze, and report progress pertaining to faculty development activities and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Design and implement a comprehensive, evidence-based performance management process for faculty. Set performance expectations, review course evaluations and other performance data, and conduct performance reviews.
- Partner with other academic units within the University to create memoranda of understanding for affiliate faculty developing and teaching in SPS programs.
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with university academic and administrative policies, procedures within SPS and accreditation standards. Pursue continuous improvement by recommending new internal policies, guidelines and procedures, and evolving the faculty handbook and related faculty policies as necessary.
- Pursue faculty engagement practices and programs to ensure that SPS faculty are effective ambassadors for the School to their communities
- Maintain a current understanding of faculty development, and adult teaching and learning best practices
- Has a strong outcomes-based orientation (pushes self and helps others to achieve results) and has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change and is an agent for change, influences others to accept change. Effectively demonstrates own ability to change, shifts gears comfortably, decides and acts without having the complete picture; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision-making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all.
- Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their ideas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust, and support of others.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate with and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports utilizing advanced Excel, Access and other reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and skill in entering sensitive and confidential HR data into HRIS in accordance with human resources processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgements on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of specialty.
- Strong database management skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced degree preferred in higher education, management, or related field preferred
- Prior experience working closely with faculty members and/or in academic affairs or faculty administration in a college or university setting
- Responsible for own work
This position is based in Charlotte, NC.Time Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.