Program Coordinator - Electrical Engineering (Part-Time)
Program Coordinator - Electrical Engineering (Part-Time)Department:
School of EngineeringClassification:
Administrative & ProfessionalJob Description:
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Part-Time (PT) Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Electrical Engineering, the PT Program Coordinator will be responsible for administrative and assessment activities, effective communication, and timely reporting to the faculty team. The Program Coordinator will also manage all data collected during the period of the grant and generate appropriate reports with various conclusions.
The Program Coordinator will work 20 hours per week, with appropriate prorated benefits. The anticipated start date for this position is 10/1/2020.
• Support planning and coordination of a program and its activities
• Ensure the implementation of policies and practices
• Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
• Manage communications through media relations, social media, etc.
• Prepare and maintain paperwork, reports, and order materials
• Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
• Collect and analyze data on/for all programs
• Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
• Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
• Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (e.g., video conferencing, presentations)
• Support departmental/program growth and development
• Analyze reports, data, and activities for all programs
• Other duties, as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: This is an exempt part-time position, 20 hours per week and the work schedule will be Monday through Friday with regular part-time hours as determined by the supervisor. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary to meet the job responsibilities and needs of the department. The individual holding this position may be needed occasionally early morning, evening and weekends.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in education, counseling, public administration or a STEM-related field from an accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of STEM experience in university/community college administrative management, grant management, student services, or instruction
• Demonstrated experience working with faculty at the university level
• Federal grants management experience
• Experience in budget development and budget management
• Experience in facilitating collaborations across college divisions and departments
• Expertise in student retention and fostering the timely completion of degree programs, event planning, supervising students, report writing, etc.
• Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; excellent customer service abilities
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
• PhD. or Ed.D. degree in one of the above-listed fields from an accredited college or university
• Preferred: 5 years and demonstrated administrative experience at university/community college level; experience in the institutionalization of grant activities with STEM expertise.
S299POpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position posted date: 9/22/2020.