Adjunct Faculty - Sociology (On-Line)
Adjunct Faculty - Sociology (On-Line)Department:
Dept of Social SciencesClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin invites applications for adjunct faculty members in Sociology. Growth in demand for on-line undergraduate courses has created the following opportunity for part-time instructors on a per class basis.
About The University of Texas Permian Basin:
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an affiliate of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 5,200 students. The University offers 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate majors, including an on-line BA in Sociology and Minors in Multicultural and Women’s Studies. The University also offers competitive compensation and opportunities for Adjunct faculty to develop and teach undergraduate courses. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Candidates Should Submit the following documents
1. A cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae, with details of 18 hours of graduate work in Sociology from an accredited university program
3. Complete contact information for at least three professional references
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue on an as-needed basis.
Inquiries should be directed to the department Chair, Dr. Harold Abrams via e-mail only at [email protected]
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in Sociology from an accredited program, with a minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in Sociology, and potential to teach and develop on-line undergraduate courses; doctorate in Sociology preferred.
2. Current eligibility to work in the U.S. without restriction, with a valid work visa/permanent residence/U.S. citizenship.
3. All applicants must undergo and successfully complete a criminal background check.
Previous experience teaching credit courses at the college/university level.Posting Number:
F071PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of qualifying degree(s) are acceptable for purposes of the application; official transcript are required before a letter of appointment can be issued.
Position posting date: February 18, 2020