Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant IIDepartment:
Provost - VP Academic AffairsClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin invites applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant II. Reporting to the Associate Provost, the Administrative Assistant II will provide administrative support service to relieve administrators of a number of organizational decisions and coordinate the activities of the Provost’s office.
The Administrative Assistant II exercises significant decision-making authority and independence in prioritizing tasks, policy interpretation, and/or budget expenditures. The successful incumbent will be required to become familiar with and use specialized terms and/or practices.
Starting salary for this position is $28,953 – $34,756 per year, depending upon qualifications.
• Performs day-to-day clerical and administrative functions in support of the Provost’s Office/Department
• Performs any combination of clerical duties involving routine or semi-routine calculating, record keeping, database management, report preparation and receptionist duties
• Screens office calls, visitors, and mail; provides information and assistance including responding to sensitive requests for information and assistance; researches information and office policies; assists the students, faculty, staff, vendors or visitors; responsible for sorting and distribute mail. Answer special requests or solve problems, routing to senior staff members, as appropriate
• Confer regularly with immediate supervisor to coordinate activities, exchange information and resolve problems. Ensures that all required supplies are available as needed and that the facility and equipment are in proper working order
• Other duties, as assigned
SCHEDULE: Generally, the hours for this non-exempt classified position is Monday through Thursday, 7:30 – 5:30 pm; Friday 8am – 12 pm with a one-hour lunch. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
• Associate’s degree plus five (5) years of administrative assistant experience; equivalent years of experience and/or education may be substituted
• A documented work history that shows a record of increased responsibilities in setting work priorities; handling multiple assignments; meeting deadlines; working with confidential information
• Functions at an expert level using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, take initiative, handle emergency situations in a professional efficient manner
• The ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be physically able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The expectations listed below are representative of the skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
•Physically able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
•While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
•While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
•While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
•Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related job responsibilities. Extensive computer keyboard work – involves extensive wrist and hand movement.
S282POpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Job posting date: 8/24/2020.