Director, Wellness Center - Extended Search
Director, Wellness Center - Extended SearchDepartment:
VP Student ServicesClassification:
Administrative & ProfessionalJob Description:
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applications for the position of Director, Wellness Center. Reporting to the Vice President of Student Affairs and Leadership, the Wellness Center Director will manage the day-to-day operations of the Center and provide vision and leadership for the Center’s operations, to include personnel and budget management, policy formation, logistics, and planning. The Director will oversee both Counseling and Medical Services operations and will partner with other groups on and off campus offering mental health services. The Director will work closely with the Office of the Associate Dean on wellness programs and services for students, and will provide individual and group counseling, outreach and consultation, supervision and training, and crisis management services to UTPB students. The Wellness Center Director will also develop, maintain, and implement policies, procedures, and clinical delivery systems and ensure that projects, department milestones/goals are met, and adhere to approved budgets.
• Direct all programs and services of counseling and medical services
• Hire, supervise, and evaluate counseling staff
• Negotiate and manage medical services contracts
• Oversee the Student Health Insurance Plan
• Supervise budget operations, including planning the budget, allocating funds to categories, and management of all accounts’ transactions and expenditures
• Prepare annual and other reports as directed by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Leadership
• Perform general administrative duties, such as reading and responding to written communications
• Assume responsibility for externally funded or UT System projects
• Supervise and monitor all assessment and evaluation activities in the Center, including comparative studies, user demographic and pattern studies, customer satisfaction assessments, and outcome studies
• Represent the Center and the University in community programs, projects, and professional organizations. Establish and maintain mental health service agreements with local public and private health agencies
• Provide individual and group personal counseling, psychological assessment, crisis intervention, and consultation to students. Maintain records of clinical services according to legal, professional, and ethical requirements
• Provide mental health education workshops to students, faculty, staff, and others in the UT Permian Basin community
• Consult with faculty, staff, and parents regarding students with adjustment and psychological problems and regarding personal and professional issues
• Direct and monitor referral of students for psychiatric services; arrange for psychiatric consultation to assist with complex cases
• Conduct intake interviews with students; provide individual and group counseling on a scheduled basis or through crisis intervention
• Provide clinical supervision to practicum students; maintain up to date clinical notes on clients and supervisees; promote counseling center to University faculty, staff and students; provide outreach workshops and lectures and assists with budgetary and financial records, as needed
• Consult with supervisors and staff and represent the counseling center serving as liaison between the center, student services and academic departments as well as committee service with Behavioral Intervention Team, Early Alert, Alcohol and Drug Prevention Committee and other committees, as assigned or required
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time, exempt position and the expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee, this schedule will vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position will need to be available early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the office.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, which includes a broad range of employee benefits and a generous retirement program (TRS). We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
UT–Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented group members are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, professional counseling, social work, or closely related field
• Experience providing supervision, training and consultation, crisis management, as well as providing individual and group counseling in a college/university setting
• Licensed or license-eligible in Texas as a psychologist or Professional Counselor
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a counseling center, preferably in a University setting
• Ability to work effectively within a culturally, socially, and economically diverse community with skills in communicating across cultures
• Ability to collect and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data using various applicable computer software
• The ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
Physically able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related job responsibilities. Extensive computer keyboard work – involves extensive wrist and hand movement.
Ability to travel both by car and plane for the University.
S186POpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission: Resume/c.v., name and contact information for three (3) professional references; cover letter and transcripts.
*Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position extended date: May 19, 2020