Adjunct Faculty - Chemistry
Adjunct Faculty - ChemistryDepartment:
Coll of Arts & Sci DepartmentsClassification:
The Department of Chemistry welcomes applicants for an Adjunct Faculty member in Chemistry.
About The University of Texas Permian Basin:
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an affiliate of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 5,200 students. The University offers 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate majors.
The University also offers competitive compensation and opportunities for Adjunct faculty to develop and teach undergraduate courses. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Candidates Should Submit the Following Documents:
1. A curriculum vitae, with details of graduate work in Chemistry from an accredited university program.
2. Complete contact information for at least three professional references.
3. A cover letter is optional but encouraged.
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue on an as-needed basis. Questions about the position may be e-mailed to Dr. Milka Montes at [email protected]
UT–Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented group members are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Chemistry is preferred; or, applicants currently enrolled in a Master’s program with 18 or more graduate-level hours in Chemistry courses completed
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skill levels
• Ability to use technology in teaching
• Ability to use collaborative learning techniques and student centered methods of instruction
• Ability to work in a multiethnic/multicultural environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening assignments – daytime availability a plus (in some cases, may be required)
• Master’s degree in Chemistry or a closely related field
• Previous experience teaching at the college/university level
F069PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position posting date: March 17, 2020