Adjunct Faculty - English (On-Line)
Adjunct Faculty - English (On-Line)Department:
Dept of Literature & LanguageClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin invites applications for adjunct faculty members in English. Growth in demand for undergraduate courses has created the following opportunity for part-time instructors on a per class basis.
PLEASE NOTE: Classes in Fall 2020 and possibly thereafter may be in a distance/on-line environment. Candidates may assume that detailed templates for on-line courses will be provided by the Department.
• Teach introductory undergraduate level English course(s)
• Grade student work/exams and keep students apprised of their progress in each course
• Hold office hours/meet with students by appointment, as requested and needed; respond to student inquiries by e-mail
• Other duties, as assigned by the Chair
About The University of Texas Permian Basin:
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an affiliate of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 5,200 students. The University offers 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate majors.
The University also offers competitive compensation and opportunities for Adjunct faculty to develop and teach undergraduate courses. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Candidates Should Submit the Following Documents:
1. A cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae, with details of 18 hours of graduate work in English/Literature/Creative Writing or a closely related field from an accredited university
3. Unofficial copies of transcripts for all graduate coursework
4. Complete contact information for at least three professional references
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue on an as-needed basis.
UT–Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented group members are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
• A Master’s or Doctorate in English/Literature/Creative Writing; or, a Master’s/Doctorate in another field with at least 18 graduate-level hours in English
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skill levels
• Ability to use technology in teaching
• Ability to use collaborative learning techniques and student centered methods of instruction
• Ability to work in a multiethnic/multicultural environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening assignments – daytime availability a plus (in some cases, may be required)
• Previous teaching experience at the college/university levelPosting Number:
F079POpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position posting date: April 10, 2020