Adjunct Faculty - Astronomy (On-Line)
Adjunct Faculty - Astronomy (On-Line)Department:
College of Arts & SciencesClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin invites applications for adjunct faculty members in Astronomy. Growth in demand for on-line undergraduate courses has created the following opportunity for part-time instructors on a per class basis.
About The University of Texas Permian Basin:
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an affiliate of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 5,200 students. The University offers 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate majors.
The University also offers competitive compensation and opportunities for Adjunct faculty to develop and teach undergraduate courses. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Candidates Should Submit the Following Documents:
1. A cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae, with details of 18 hours of graduate work in Astronomy from an accredited university
3. Complete contact information for at least three professional references
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue on an as-needed basis.
UT–Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented group members are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
• A Master’s in Astronomy or a PhD in a related field with coursework in Astronomy
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skill levels
• Ability to use technology in teaching
• Ability to use collaborative learning techniques and student centered methods of instruction
• Ability to work in a multiethnic/multicultural environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening assignments – daytime availability a plus (in some cases, may be required)
• Previous teaching experience at the college/university levelPosting Number:
F067PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position posting date: February 26, 2020