Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant IDepartment:
Coll of Arts & Sci DepartmentsClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applications for the position of Administrative Assistant I at the Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center (50% of work schedule) and Main Campus, College of Arts and Sciences (50% work schedule as assigned by Dean’s office). The incumbent will provide reception and office support and utilize office tools, processes, protocols and procedures in support of the Music Program and College of Arts and Sciences.
Starting salary range: $31,400.00 to $37,000.00, depending upon qualifications.
1. Perform day-to-day clerical and administrative functions in support of the Music Program and College of Arts and Sciences office including record keeping, reconciliation, database management, report preparation and receptionist duties.
2. Screen office calls, visitors, and mail; provide information and assistance including responding to sensitive requests for information and assistance; research information and office policies; assist students, faculty, staff, vendors or visitors; responsible for sorting and distribute mail; answer special requests or solve problems, routing to senior staff members as appropriate
3. Confer regularly with immediate supervisor and Dean’s office to coordinate activities, exchange information and resolve problems. Ensure that all required supplies are available as needed and that the facility and equipment are in proper working order
MUSIC PROGRAM SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Supervise student workers and coordinate tasks to maximize their efforts
2. Take instruments in for repairs, set up the Mason Rehearsal Hall for rehearsals
3. Record all concerts and recitals and then edit for upload to YouTube
4. Run the open lab hours of the Cowan Classroom
5. Coordinate the program recruiting process between Admissions and the ensemble directors
6. Maintain the sheet music library; check out library items to faculty, students, and ensembles
7. Manage all sheet music purchases requested by faculty through ordering, receiving, stamping, cataloguing, check out, and check in. This also includes tracking down students who forget to turn in their music after a concert
8. Departmental Recital set up, piano tunings scheduled, program order, collection of performer information, and sending program information to Department of Arts Administrative Assistant for production.
9. Assist Area Coordinator in editing the programs before copies are printed for events
10. Assign student performers an accompanist based on the instrument/voice/difficulty of piece
11. Receive and disseminate all Music Program recruiting materials from Information Request Cards from ensemble directors who visited a school, web form entries, Admissions Office forwards of prospects, and scheduling visits of each prospect for an audition, private lesson, tour of Wagner Noël, and student panel
12. Check out all instruments, equipment, and uniforms and ensure that all information is entered in the Charms system for auditing purposes
13. Maintenance of Performing Arts Center pianos to meet the requirements of Steinway School status
14. Prepare the forms and paperwork necessary for Music Juries and Piano Proficiencies each semester. This includes scheduling of students, coordination of accompanists, assembling Goals Worksheets (NASM recommended form) for faculty
15. Coordinate student and faculty requests for eight (8) practice rooms
16. Work closely with Department of Arts Administrative Assistant to ensure the success of the Music Advisory Council luncheons, including documentation for all financial/accounting issues, planning advertising, identifying transportation needs for tours or run-out concerts, and meals for events such as workshops/retreats/meetings. Aid and assist Music faculty with reasonable requests for their classroom needs, student issues, or performance needs
17. Act as point person for all scheduling requests, student performance forms, jury paperwork, keeper of the Music student advising files, NASM documentation on students, performance programs to BMI/SESAC/ASCAP for copyright, concert program archive, initial requests for sheet music orders from faculty and students, and check out of CDs/sheet music/instruments/equipment/uniforms
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Assist in other departments as required (Dean’s office and Science & Math office)
2. Duties such as but not limited to:
a. Course schedule entering
b. Travel arrangements
e. Time Management (timesheet entering or pulling from system for records)
f. Student/Hourly appointments
g. Adjunct appointments and Letters
h. New adjunct faculty, student/hourly hiring
I. Receiving procurement processes
j. Lab Data Upkeep
k. Lab/SM course rooms maintenance/IT management
l. Deliveries to end user for all purchases
m. ITS ticketing system
n. Data collecting and Reporting on all department related requests
o. Degree Checks and EAB processes
p. Department related activities such as meetings/events
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean’s Office.
Generally, the hours for this non-exempt classified position is Monday through Thursday, 7:30am – 5:30pm; Friday 8am – 12pm with a one-hour lunch. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the departments. The final schedule will be at the discretion of the Dean of College of Arts and sciences with a 50/50 distribution.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
1. High School Diploma.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills, with detail-focus
3. Proficient with Microsoft Office Package, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
4. The ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
Administrative Assistant experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be physically able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The expectations listed below are representative of the skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations can be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Physically able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
2. While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
3. While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
4. While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
5. Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related job responsibilities. Extensive computer keyboard work – involves extensive wrist and hand movement.
11/30/2020Open Until Filled: