Institutional Research Analyst
Institutional Research AnalystDepartment:
Inst Effect Research & PlngClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Institutional Research Analyst. Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Analytics
The Institutional Research Analyst provides support for the University on the implementation of new analytic software and system processes within PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Customer Relations Management (CRM), and Texting Platforms suites. Applicants will also be expected to extract data from various software platforms to analyzed and develop visualization in PowerBI for the University.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Extract data from PeopleSoft and analyze the data to identify patterns to improve the University’s Key Performance Indicators.
2. Develop data visualizations for University Administrators, faculty, and staff.
3. Monitoring all records systems to ensure the integrity of the data.
4. Identifying data issues within the student database and resolving those issues.
Providing the analytical expertise in implementing and maintaining of software and the impact on data quality within various University Software Platforms (PeopleSoft Campus Solutions).
5. Working closely with UT Shared Information Services to ensure all service tickets are completed in a timeframe needed by the University.
6. Screening and recording information, responding to standard information requests, answering questions, explaining data processes and procedures, and routing unusual problems to supervisor.
7. Delivering excellent customer service while supporting employees, or whomever else this position may interact with.
8. Plans, implements, and maintains applications to reach target audiences using proper segmentation of data, and technological advances.
9. Meets with focus groups and uses technology to understand how users consume, label, and categorize information and translates the user’s behavior into structures and on-screen elements.
10. Advices on project team resources and software vendor resources through all steps of assigned projects to keep projects on schedule and on scope.
11. Continues to improve knowledge base by attending courses and conferences to acquire additional skills and certifications.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Strategic Analytics.
This is an exempt 12-month position expected to work Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee, the schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet job responsibilities. The individual holding the position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends depending on the needs of the office.
The incumbent is expected to:
1. Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of analytic and visualization skills and tools.
2. Participate in the data science development standards, process improvements, and documentation.
3. Adapt to the changing business and University’s needs.
4. Demonstrate ability to analyze, test, and build comprehensive dashboards
5. Keep up with data, technological trends and industry standards to ensure excellence in robustness, availability, security, and data integrity.
6. Plan and monitor project tasks, communicating project status to stakeholders, and ensuring timely completion of milestones.
7. Work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders to elicit requirements, identify functional and technical solutions, and investigate and resolve issues.
8. Complete state, federal, and other reports on a timely manner.
9. Communicate technical matters to users with varying experience levels.
10. Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
11. Have strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills with attention to detail.
12. Work effectively, to successfully meet deadlines, and to handle multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Two years of relevant experience.
3. Relevant education that is a proper substitute for the Two years’ experience may be considered.
4. Relevant experience that is a proper substitute for the bachelor’s degree may be considered.
1. Candidates with statistical, data science, and analytical experience and with experience extracting data using SQL, preparing, analyzing and developing visualizations (PowerBI or SAS) will be given preference.
2. As is expected, high analytical and technical skills are highly preferred and important for applicants to have.
Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
1. Physically able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on occasional basis.
2. Physically able to bend, crouch, and reach continuously.
3. Physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
4. Physically able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
5. Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related job responsibilities. Extensive computer keyboard work involving extensive wrist and hand movement.
01/06/2021Open Until Filled: