Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant IIDepartment:
VP Student ServicesClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant II. Reporting to the Director of the Wellness Center, the Administrative Assistant II will support the University’s Wellness Center, which includes counseling and medical services and the student health insurance program. The successful candidate may be hired as an Administrative Assistant II or III, depending upon qualifications:.
The starting salary for this position is $28,000 to $34,000/yr., depending upon qualifications.
• Schedule counseling appointments
• Support the medical services program, which includes trouble-shooting student issues and needs
• Coordinate student health insurance program
• Provide budget support to the Wellness Center Director
• Work on health and wellness programs and projects, as needed
• Perform various day-to-day administrative and clerical functions in support of the office/department; perform any combination of support duties including routine calculations, record-keeping, database management, report preparation, and receptionist tasks
• Screen office calls, visitors, and mail
• Provide information and assistance including responding to sensitive requests for information and assistance; research information and office policies; assist students, faculty, staff, vendors or visitors; answer special requests or solve problems, routing to senior staff members as appropriate
• Confer regularly with immediate supervisor to coordinate activities, exchange information, and resolve problems
• Ensure that all required supplies are available, as needed, and that the facility and equipment are in proper working order
• Other relevant duties, as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: Generally, the hours for this non-exempt classified position is Monday through Thursday, 7:30 – 5:30 pm; Friday 8am – 12 pm with a one-hour lunch. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
• Associate’s degree plus five (5) years of administrative assistant experience; equivalent years of experience and/or education may be substituted
• A documented work history that shows a record of increased responsibilities in setting work priorities; handling multiple assignments; meeting deadlines; working with confidential information
• Functions at an expert level using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, take initiative, handle emergency situations in a professional efficient manner
• The ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
•Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis. Any item over 50 pounds would require incumbent to request assistance. May be required to assist in moving a person.
•Work involves moderate exposure to blood borne pathogens and other possible pathogens which requires the incumbent to follow universal safety precautions.
•While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
•While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
•While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
•Possesses dexterity abilities required to operate a computer and other office equipment to perform related job responsibilities.
S328PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Job posting date: 11/17/2020.