Admission Technology Specialist (Begins Summer 2021)
Admission Technology Specialist (Begins Summer 2021)Department:
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Admission Technology
The Admission Technology Specialist provides professional knowledge, advice and training regarding the institutional student admission and recruitment process within the Enrollment Management offices. This position is the secondary point of contact for staff and others throughout the university to provide support for all things related to the Technolutions Slate CRM and other admissions-related processes after the Associate Director of Admission. This position helps to maintain Slate throughout the admission cycle from prospect to enrollment, including the development of email campaigns and other student communications, support for applicant and portal/web functions, the creation of reports and documentation, and training for users/staff. This position helps to develop and implement queries and processes to enable professional and operations staff to perform their daily responsibilities most efficiently and accurately. This position works closely with the ITS department. In addition this position will work with the Office of Strategic Analytics on export admission data and delivering and interpreting the data to campus departments and will be the first in line to investigate and resolve data issues as they arise. Helps the graduate and undergraduate Admissions offices to maintain applications, including the calculation of GPA evaluation and articulation of transcripts and makes recommendations to improve the process flows.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Helps to define, implement and maintain business processes in the Office of Admissions for both the undergraduate and graduate student populations.
2. Designs details for full utilization and implementation of features in Slate and helps to find solutions involving process design, data information and architecture, and policy and procedural change.
3. Helps with the importing, exporting, and updating of all student data in Slate and ensures the accuracy and consistency of data within Slate, PeopleSoft, and other systems.
4. Manages events within Slate.
5. Implements Slate tools that enable the admissions staff to manage their territories effectively, efficiently, and strategically.
6. Serves as a point of contact for individual Slate questions.
7. Helps to execute unit integration and end-user acceptance testing and is a point of contact for staff in testing systems and updates.
8. Develops intuitive interface designs for end-users, trains staff on use and maximization of Slate functionality, and leads on-going training and professional development of users throughout the institution.
9. Audit all imported and exported data for consistency and accuracy, and reconcile data to maximize opportunities to effectively recruit and enroll students.
10. Manage the export of applicant and deposited student data and upload of advising documents between PeopleSoft, Slate, and OnBase for all applied students.
11. Effectively communicate the needs of the Enrollment Management offices to resolve issues outside of the scope of Slate.
1. Works with Enrollment Management and Institutional Research staff to develop and manage targeted research, including enrollment projections, financial aid models, and territory recruitment reports.
2. Streamlines processes, document workflows, and finds opportunities for operational efficiencies within and between departments across the admission lifecycle.
3. Assists with the admissions operation including participation at admissions and recruitment events. (e.g., open houses, admitted student days, virtual information sessions, etc.)
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Admission Technology.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Minimum of one year of work experience with technology related to student recruitment and admissions
3. Experience with data reporting and analysis
4. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
5. Excellent presentation, communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills.
1. Previous experience with Slate
2. Previous experience with PeopleSoft
3. Previous experience with texting platforms (Mongoose Preferred)
4. Previous experience with Document imaging Platforms (OnBase Preferred)
5. Degree in computer science
03/15/2021Open Until Filled: