Associate Director of Online Learning and Continuing Education
Associate Director of Online Learning and Continuing EducationDepartment:
Continuing Education ProgramClassification:
This position will part of FalconOnline instead of Continuing Education.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is seeking an Associate Director of Online Learning and Continuing Education.
Pay may be commensurate based on education and experience.
The Falcon Future 2030 strategic plan calls for student centered goals focused on student success, serving the region, advancing creativity and knowledge, and responsible stewardship which are all fundamental pillars of the FalconOnline and Continuing Education, UTPB’s Online Learning Department. The Associate Director of Online Learning and Continuing Education will be tasked with developing a strategy to bring this plan to life and building the University’s online credit bearing and non-credit bearing course programs.
In conjunction with the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost and Director of Online Learning, the Associate Director of Online Learning and Continuing Education will be responsible for setting the strategic priorities for the Continuing Education Department and managing FalconOnline strategic priorities. The Associate Director of Online Learning and Continuing Education will be charged with building the reputation of credit-bearing and non-credit-bearing programs in the Permian Basin region, ensuring profitability, and establishing a strong curricular foundation from which to expand the program offerings in the future and developing tactical growth assets that build capacity of online programs and continuing education programs at UTPB.
This position will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of FalconOnline. and Continuing Education.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Develop distance learning policies and best practices in conjunction with department director.
2. Develop program evaluation tools to analyze current online programs, and find ways to streamline and optimize processes.
3. Lead communication with internal stakeholders on the development, improvement and maintenance of online programs.
4. Leads projects to improve equity and access of online programs.
5. Work with colleges to support instructors delivering online coursework from the planning to the assessment phase.
6. Work with marketing to expand the reach of online programs and generate increasing enrollment numbers.
7. Ensures compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations.
8. Identify planning and operations needed to support the growth of online programs.
9. Maintain EduTool vendor relationship to ensure smooth operation of all instructional tools supported by FalconOnline.
10. Initiate and maintain strong relationships with community organizations and associated constituencies; maintain ongoing communications to identify needs, gaps, and areas of improvement for educational programs and associated collateral materials.
11. Identify alternative models for developing and implementing educational opportunities, including the scope, goals and deliverables. This will include new initiatives to support the requirements of our accreditation entities.
12. Develop and manage the CE budget, including an operating plan to support a portfolio of educational programs. This includes developing resource requirements and manages budget associated with programs.
13. Ensure that required components of education programs meet the standards to satisfy the requirements for continuing education units (CEUs) whenever possible.
14. Identify options for efficiencies, recommend and implement solutions to issues identified.
15. Develop programs and monitor systems to support advanced educational platforms and program quality, including special topic education programs, onsite training, web sites, webinars, apps, and videos, symposiums to internal and external audiences.
16. Develop educational materials and programs that support clinical programs.
17. Work with subject matter experts in the fields of management, research, development, professional designations, and member organizations to maintain ‘best’ practice in programs.
18. Develop and implement timely, purposeful, monitoring mechanism(s) for the programs to include both quantitative and qualitative measurements and narratives (benchmarks, volumes, summaries, outcomes, satisfaction levels etc.). An example would be a full community survey.
19. Develop program evaluation frameworks to assess the strengths of programs and to identify areas for improvement. Proactively recommend revisions to programs as indicated by information received, strategic initiatives and required deliverables. Present reports to leadership team that define project progress, problems and solutions.
20. Manage and evaluate vendors and consultants as they relate to education services they provide.
21. Work with leadership to narrate funding proposals for programs to secure funding for the continuous delivery of services.
22. Convey a professional and positive image at all times that reflects favorably on the University.
23. Responsible for the maintenance of university and all college/department accrediting agency standards to assure initial and continuing accreditation for UTPB’s continuing education programs.
24. Responsible for tracking and maintaining all participant hours for education category one credit and processing all evaluation forms for committee review.
25. Required to keep meticulous records of all CE and course evaluations.
26. Responsible for maintaining all regulatory and departmental records, minutes and activity files for the department of Continuing Education, in strict compliance with accrediting agency guidelines.
27. Prepare CE Committee agenda packets, attending and writing minutes for the meeting and all follow-up memos, letters, etc.
28. Complete various special projects, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions and writing reports.
29. Supervises the team responsible for the operational success of the CE Department. As part of initial strategic conversations, identifies the nature and scope of the roles of the team.
30. Proposes short- and long-range operating plans, including budgets, programs and services, personnel, technology / other equipment, and space.
31. Manages the curricular offerings and enrollment efforts of the CE Department.
32. Coordinates with deans and department heads across all colleges at UTPB to ensure the CE curriculum is meeting university goals and leveraging the strengths of UTPB faculty.
33. Expands enrollment in continuing and professional education offerings by directing strategic outreach to companies, organizations, and populations.
34. Continue the existing corporate education partnerships where beneficial, and increase corporate partners where possible.
35. Extensive outreach to the community for securing and scheduling CE Events.
36. Explores and moves forward with offerings for individual enrollees who are looking to upskill or gain mastery in new areas.
37. Defines, implements and revises a strategic plan for the CE Department
38. Develops and implements a project management system and protocol for the CE Department, to ensure that day-to-day and long-term projects are documented, resourced, and assessed.
39. Serves as the Administrator to The Office of Continuing Education.
40. Develop an Office of CE Advisory Committee and serve on the OCE Advisor Committee.
41. Attend and support meetings as assigned.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and Director of Online Learning.
This is an exempt position and the expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Five to seven years’ progressive professional responsibility for administration of online programs education, professional development, or other related field.
3. Eighteen hours of college credit in teaching-related coursework.
4. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of online instructional course design, adult learning theories, multimedia technologies, distance learning strategies.
5. Knowledge of Quality Matters™ program for quality in online and hybrid course design.
6. Excellent leadership and organizational abilities, with demonstrated success in leading a team of professionals.
7. Experience in developing business strategy and making data-driven decisions.
8. Technical skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) packages and project management software.
9. Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting.
10.Commitment to student success and professional excellence.
11.Entrepreneurial and innovative disposition.
12.Experience managing institutional-wide projects.
13.Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
14.Exceptional interpersonal communication and interaction skills with diverse persons.
Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
1. Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
2. While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
3. While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
4. While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain standing up to 50% of the time.
5. Possesses dexterity abilities required to operate a computer and other office equipment to perform related job responsibilities.
03/24/2021Open Until Filled: