The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Benefits Coordinator. Reporting to the Benefits Manager and Director of Human Resources.
The starting salary for this position is $32,000 depending upon qualifications.
The Benefits Coordinator assists the Benefits Manager in providing benefits services, communication, and program and policy guidance to faculty and staff and their dependents. Responsible for data entry and data resolution/integrity in the benefits system for all employees, family members/dependents, and retirees.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Manage benefits data entry and processing in the UT Benefits system. Assist the Benefits Manager with all benefits-related service delivery including the conduct of regular benefits orientation classes for all new benefits-eligible employees and incoming calls for information and problem resolution.
2. Assists in system testing, upgrades, and problem resolutions for the on-line benefits system. Ensures that all UTPB covered employees have accurate and up-to-date benefits information.
3. Assists the Benefits Manager with the annual benefits open enrollment process. Ensures open enrollment events and communication materials are available and appropriately serve the UTPB community. Assists with open enrollment processes and makes recommendations as needed to the Benefits Manager and HR Director.
4. Assists the Benefits Manager/HR Director with major benefits initiatives designed to provide efficient, value-added service to the University these include system initiatives, policy development and revision, reporting, and guidance/information products.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
The hours for this non-exempt classified position be assigned during business hours Monday through Thursday, 7:30 – 5:30 pm; Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The incumbent is expected to have or possess:
1. Ability to handle highly confidential material, understanding that all University information should only be disclosed to others who have a need to know, for legitimate business reasons. Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision-making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
2. Knowledge of general University, Federal, State, and local laws and regulations affecting HR and Payroll.
3. Able to effectively communicate general information to a University constituency, however, some situations may require the ability to relay complex or adverse information with tact and diplomacy.
4. Has advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook). Ability to quickly learn new technology and is self-motivated to stay current with emerging office technologies.
5. Able to effectively process forms; verify data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance within established procedures; enter data into the computer system, monitor, calculate and submit timesheets, maintain confidential files and data; identify problems and propose feasible solutions.
6. Ability to type, compose and edit correspondence, memos, letters, agendas, and reports; revise schedules, forms, reports, records, and other information; prepare statistical information for use in reports.
7. Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
8. Coordinate schedules, appointments, projects, travel arrangements, and special events. Attend meetings and transcribe and distribute minutes;
a. Initiate and answer telephone calls;
b. Screen and direct calls;
c. Greet visitors and direct to appropriate personnel;
d. Route and distribute incoming mail and other materials;
e. Prepare outgoing mail and packages.
9. Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
10. Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change, and correction.
11. Proven effectiveness in dealing with a wide range of professionals, staff, and administrators.
12. Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame and to be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
13. Engage in meaningful and intentional professional development appropriate for areas of responsibility.
14. Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in a professional manner.
15. Maintain professionalism when dealing with all staff and other customers while fostering positive working relationships.
16. Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
17. Adhere to the policies and procedures established by the Texas Board of Regents, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the University of Texas Permian Basin.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
Education, License or Certification:
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management or a related field, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Experience and Knowledge:
One (1) year of benefits management related experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent communication skills, including verbal and writing skills.
2. Ability to deal with a wide range of professionals, staff, and administrators (as well as outside vendors) regarding highly sensitive personal, benefits/healthcare, and financial matters.
2. Proficiency in office/clerical skills, including typing, filing systems, use of the Microsoft Office software products as they apply to office administration.
3. Experience with computer-based benefits systems strongly desired.
4. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
03/16/2021Open Until Filled: