Associate or Full Professor of Educational Leadership (Begins Fall 2021)
Associate or Full Professor of Educational Leadership (Begins Fall 2021)Department:
College of EducationClassification:
The College of Education at the University of Texas Permian Basin (UTPB) invites applicants for the position of Associate/Full Professor (tenure-earning). Duties include teaching graduate courses in the Department of Educational Leadership and coordination to support Departmental programs and initiatives, including, but not necessarily limited to the MA program in Educational Leadership, the Principal as Instructional Leader Certification preparation program, the Superintendent Certification preparation, and our planned Ed.D. program. Faculty in the UTPB College of Education have advising responsibilities and are required to engage in scholarly research and service to the program, department, college, and university. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively with the department faculty to organize and execute programming in a way that ensures excellence and compliance with standards established by SACSCOC, CAEP, ELCC (NELP), and TEA. The selected candidate must also be capable of teaching at the doctoral level, supervising dissertation research, and must be eligible to serve as a Field Supervisor for programming in the department. Faculty rank will be based on experience, teaching and scholarship record, and rank held in previous academic appointment(s).
Additional responsibilities include developing grant proposals and directing funded projects; developing of university/school/community partnerships; and providing service to the community, school districts, agencies, and professional organizations. Faculty credentials must meet university requirements for classification as UTPB graduate faculty. Teaching assignments include but may not be limited to online courses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.Required Qualifications:
1. Doctoral degree in Educational Leadership or a closely related field from an accredited university.
2. At least three years of experience in campus leadership and/or three years of district leadership in the PK-12 setting.
3. Experience teaching in a doctoral program related to Educational Leadership (PK-12 focus).
4. Will have previously earned a promotion to at least the rank of Associate Professor in a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
5. Demonstrated excellence in teaching ability and a record of success as a scholar (e.g. peer reviewed publications, scholarly conference presentations, and/or grantsmanship).
6. Willingness to continue conducting and publishing high-quality research and engage in grant writing.
7. Commitment to supporting departmental efforts to update existing and develop new courses as appropriate to departmental needs.
8. Direct experience and/or commitment to teaching and working with students from diverse populations, including underserved populations and first generation students, in consonance with the university’s mission as a Hispanic serving institution (HSI).
9. Expertise with distance education delivery and Learning Management Systems and the ability to teach in online and in blended learning environments.
10. Willingness to be a team player focused on supporting new initiatives and partnerships in the College of Education.
11. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with an appropriate understanding of the needs of the audience and appropriate professionalism.
12. Interest in the professional and personal growth of students.
13. The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
14. State-certified or the ability to become certified as a principal and/or superintendent.
1. At least 3-5 years of experience in district level leadership at the level of assistant superintendent or higher.
2. Specialization in one of more of the follow areas: School Law, Ethics, Finance, and Leading with Instructional Technology.
3. Experience Building and/or coordinating a doctoral program.
4. Potential for/demonstrated record of obtaining external funding (commensurate with rank).
5. Demonstrated experience in innovation within the field of educational leadership.
02/16/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
1. All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
2. Please include all required documents with your submission.
3. Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.