Adjunct Faculty - Mechanical Engineering
Adjunct Faculty - Mechanical EngineeringDepartment:
School of EngineeringClassification:
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates who can teach the subjects of Statics, Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Mechanics of Materials, and Thermodynamics are most needed; however, those who can teach other courses in Mechanical Engineering will be considered.
About The University of Texas Permian Basin:
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an affiliate of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 5,200 students. The University offers 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate majors.
The University also offers competitive compensation and opportunities for Adjunct faculty to develop and teach undergraduate courses. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Candidates Should Submit the Following Documents:
1. A curriculum vitae, with details of graduate work in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university program.
2. Complete contact information for at least three professional references.
3. A cover letter is optional but encouraged.
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue on an as-needed basis. Questions about the position may be e-mailed to Dr. Forrest Flocker at [email protected]
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skill levels
• Ability to use technology in teaching
• Ability to use collaborative learning techniques and student centered methods of instruction
• Ability to work in a multiethnic/multicultural environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening assignments – daytime availability a plus (in some cases, may be required)
• Previous experience teaching at the college/university levelPosting Number:
F068PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position posting date: March 17, 2020