Coordinator of Continuing Education
Coordinator of Continuing EducationDepartment:
Continuing Education ProgramClassification:
The University of Texas Permian Basin is seeking a Coordinator of Continuing Education. The Falcon Future 2030 strategic plan calls for student centered goals focused on student success, serving the region, advancing creativity and knowledge, and responsible stewardship which are all fundamental pillars of the Continuing Education Department at UTPB. The Coordinator of Continuing Education will assist the Director of Continuing Education and be tasked with implementing strategies to bring this plan to life and building the University’s Continuing Education department to support that plan.
The salary range for the position will be $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 depending on experience and education.
The Coordinator of Continuing Education will support the Director of Continuing Education to; oversee the continuing education approval process, manage the self-paced continuing education program, manage the UTPB Intensive English Program (IEP), and to assist student workers in the creation and distribution of continuing education certificates.
The Continuing Education Coordinator will also provide customer service to UTPB community members seeking continuing education information, as well as assist with the event planning and marketing of continuing education events.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
Student Enrollment/Student Manager Duties:
1. Effectively manage Continuing Education student enrollment via the University’s registration system and complete all registration duties for Continuing Education programs and events.
2. Maintain a technical and professional knowledge of the registration system, ensuring maximum database performance.
3. Participate in webinars and conduct research to ensure registration system is up to date with the latest features.
4. Ensure all customer registrations and demographic information is entered and accurate.
1. Oversee check-in/registration for events.
2. Support online interfaces ensuring that registration pages run smoothly.
3. Collect and enter customer data/information completely and accurately into the registration system.
4. Support various programs by ensuring courses are listed for student registration.
5. Send registration confirmations within one business day of receiving them.
6. Provide certificates of completion or student transcripts within five business days as requested.
7. Send a thank you for attending email to program participants.
8. Post courses online via Canvas as needed.
1. Oversee the completion of financial duties for Continuing Education.
2. Check the system for any “revoked” payments from customers who made a registration attempt.
3. Coordinate with University staff to receive all purchasing card backup documentation.
4. Provide enrollment/income reports to Director as needed/requested.
5. Purchase items from Staples, Amazon Business, etc. as needed.
6. Support University staff with the creation and reconciling of invoices to firms and agencies for program registrations.
7. Track client invoices and outstanding payments.
8. Email an outstanding balance report to Continuing Education Director on a monthly basis.
9. Coordinate with administrative staff to maintain office supply inventory, purchase supplies, etc.
1. Work with Director of Continuing Education and UTPB Communications staff to implement strategies to promote continuing education initiatives
2. Maintain customer mailing list/email list for promotional purposes.
3. Plan, manage and send marketing emails campaigns via Slate and Mongoose for various programs.
4. Work with Continuing Education staff to create print articles for promotional purposes.
5. Coordinate the creation of program catalogs and brochures with Continuing Education staff and UTPB Communications.
6. Regularly ensure the Continuing Education website is up to date with content and images for all programs and events.
7. Maintain a social media presence for Continuing Education programs by managing Facebook and Linked-in accounts.
Training Support Duties:
1. Work with Director of Continuing Education and Program Managers (i.e., Deans, Chairs, Coordinators, etc.) to coordinate activities needed for selected programs.
2. Provide program information to clients, serving as the primary contact for Continuing Education, communicating with clients through email, phone, in person.
3. Monitor and respond to Continuing Education email and voice messages, and distribute messages to appropriate staff.
4. Communicate with UTPB CE instructors to ensure they are prepared for their instructional assignments and provide support as needed.
5. Work with Education to Go course providers to ensure course catalogs are updated and new courses are posted to website.
6. Coordinate activities as needed to support customized UTPB Professional Development training events.
7. Coordinate IT issues with appropriate campus or department IT personnel.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets
UTPB participates in e-VerifyRequired Qualifications:
Required QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. Two to three years’ progressive professional responsibility for administration of education, professional development, or other related field
3. Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures
4. Knowledge of acceptable basic administrative techniques
5. Knowledge of relationship management software
6. Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
7. Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
8. Marketing and presentation skills
9. Organizational skills
10.Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
11. Ability to supervise
12. Ability to work in a positive team environment
13. Ability to develop positive human/customer relations
Master’s or other advanced degree strongly preferred
02/24/2021Open Until Filled: