Coordinator for Educational Programming
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) seeks to fill a full-time Coordinator position to support its engagement with its member institutions, Board of Commissioners, and other critical stakeholders. Recognized by the United States Department of Education, NWCCU accredits institutions of higher education in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, British Columbia, and other geographic areas by applying evidence-informed standards and processes to support continuous improvements and promote student achievement and success. Reporting to the NWCCU Executive Vice President, the Coordinator for Educational Programming is responsible for educational programming to promote student success and close equity gaps at NWCCU member institutions.
The Coordinator will support NWCCU Vice Presidents and staff by ensuring that NWCCU has the systems and procedures in place to support effective educational program development and delivery. The incumbent will work closely with Commission staff, not only to educate them regarding programming procedures, but also to explore how educational programming can support program operations. There is a heavy emphasis on technology, communication, and organizational skills, requiring this role to support presentations to all stakeholders, including NWCCU staff and the NWCCU Board of Commissioners.
• Collaborate with NWCCU staff and external stakeholders to develop and execute a strategic plan for educational programming
• Design, develop, implement, and evaluate educational programming opportunities and associated technologies to deliver the programming
• Assist in identifying, developing, writing, and managing materials and resources to support educational programming
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate coordination and execution to maximize educational outreach and effectiveness
• Clearly communicate educational programming opportunities through appropriate media
• Maintain high standard of quality and excellence for all deliverables
• Maintain open and transparent communication
• Perform other duties as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with three to five years of teaching experience or curriculum development experience, ideally in remote and e-learning environments, along with experience gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting on educational programming strategies to internal and external stakeholders. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker are critical for this position.
Education, Experience, and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree required in any academic discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years of demonstrable experience developing curriculum content and/or teaching experience in secondary and/or post-secondary institutions for a variety of purposes and content areas in a technology-assisted environment
• Knowledgeable and conversant with technologies to support education, especially to deliver in an online or virtual environment
• Excellent analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Location: Redmond, WA
Term: Full-time, permanent, 12-month position
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits include retirement contributions and health insurance
Reports to: NWCCU Executive Vice President
Start Date: May 24, 2021 or soon thereafter
Application: Submit letter of application, résumé, other relevant materials, such as evidence of instructional design and content delivery, and list of three to five references in PDF format to [email protected] no later than April 15, 2021.
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is committed to equal employment and makes employment decisions based on merit. We provide employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical condition (including pregnancy or childbirth), genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply for Coordinator for Educational Programming
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly