Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225209
Ability to complete work and to meet deadlines
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong prioritization and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learnPreferred Qualifications
- Strong research background in inflammation, flow cytometry or fluorescence imaging or protein-protein interaction or molecular biology or mitochondria metabolism and dynamics analysis transcriptional regulation/signaling pathways/non-coding RNAs using multiple experimental techniques including cell culture, RNA analysis, chromatin immunoprecipitation, performing mouse breeding, genotyping, and routine experiments such as cloning, western blot, immunoprecipitation and immunohistochemistry analyses.
- Experience with non-coding RNA's and VEGFR1 in Angiogenesis in Peripheral Artery Disease.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques. Participate in molecular biology, physiology, bacteriological, cell culture, animal surgical and dissection procedures. Project will relate to ongoing work on the SRF/Myocardin transcriptional switch and new SRF/Myocardin targets including novel long noncoding RNAs.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.