Financial Aid/Veterans Resource Center Student Employee
Financial Aid/Veterans Resource Center Student EmployeeDepartment:
Student DevelopmentFull Time / Part Time? :
Part TimeSalary Range - Minimum:
$11.00 per hourHours per week:
Up to 20Temporary? :
NoNumber of Days:
04/19/2021Open Until Filled:
NoLink to Career Services website:
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform general office duties within the Financial Aid Office and Veterans Resource Center.
2. Assist students with general questions through email, Live Chat, in person, and by phone.
3. Schedule student appointments.
4. Scan documents submitted to the Financial Aid Office and Veterans Resource Center.
5. Create flyers, brochures and other promotional materials.
6. Complete special projects as requested.
7. Gain knowledge of the financial aid/veterans’ process.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 2.0 GPA and in good standing with JJC.
2. Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
3. Must be detailed oriented.
4. Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
6. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
8. Flexibility to assist the needs of the Financial Aid Office/Veterans Resource Center.
9. Available hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. (Must have some availability from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 2:00 pm on Fridays.)
•Normal office physical demands.
•Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.Compliance Announcement:
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website : https://jjc.edu/about-jjc/police-and-safety
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.