CALS AdministrationDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Office of the Vice President and Dean seeks to hire an Administrative Associate to provide high quality program coordination and varied administrative support to the office. The successful applicant will be joining a team of 4 full-time professional staff who work together to provide administrative, business, events and communications support to the Vice President of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences, and Cooperative Extension, who is also the Charles-Sander Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The Division of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences, and Cooperative Extension includes the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Arizona Cooperative Extension, and Arizona Experiment Station.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean for Faculty Advancement to coordinate college-level review of promotion and tenure/continuing status cases and the Post-tenure Review Audit process.
- Assist to facilitate the activities of four college-level committees and their activities within the promotion process by providing resources needed including guidance on college and university policy and procedure while ensuring all college and university deadlines and reporting requirements are met as mandated by UHAP.
- Coordinate with the assistant dean of faculty advancement and the director of administration and communications in the college administrator five-year review process.
- Update and maintain content for the division faculty promotion and tenure web page to ensure accurate and current information is accessible.
- Coordinate and schedule annual reviews for direct reports of the Vice President and Dean.
- Serve as backup support to complete and submit financial forms such as disbursement vouchers, request for gift disbursement, travel authorizations, expense reimbursements, and PCard use forms.
- Provide exceptional customer service by providing information and directing inquiries made by phone, mail, or in person.
- Provide administrative support to the vice president and the executive associate to the vice president and dean by preparing various reports as requested to support the academic mission of the university and the college, distributing information on behalf of the vice president to direct reports through various channels of communication and composing copy-edit various communications.
- Provide additional administrative support to the Office of the Vice President and Dean as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects of varying size and complexity and provide exemplary customer service to a variety of constituents, while providing timely responses with diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills as well as a great degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
Experience using UAccess Analytics and UAVitae systems.
Experience with UAccess Financials and Employee business applications and systems.
Experience with administrative office and University Handbook for Appointed Personnel (UHAP) procedures and policies .
Experience writing and proof-reading in a professional environment.
Experience providing support to hiring, review or faculty committees.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 to $22.36Compensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/19/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Executive Associate to the Vice President and Dean
3/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.