Clinical Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, College of Nursing (Career Track)(Part Time/Full Time)
College of NursingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
We are seeking Career Track Clinical Scholars to engage in innovative teaching/learning across our programs. These would include our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Tucson and Phoenix), Master’s Entry to Professional Nursing (MEPN) (Tucson and Phoenix), and our RN-MS program (on-line). We are also seeking scholars for our hybrid Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program (Tucson). Our advanced practice specialties include Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (NP), Family NP, Pediatric NP, Psychiatric Mental Health NP, and Nurse Anesthetist, as well as non-clinical specialties such as Executive Health Systems Leadership, Informatics and MS-DNP.Program faculty work collaboratively across disciplines to provide a transformative educational environment.We are able to offer varied FTE depending on the needs of the specific program and the incumbent.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach and guide students in clinical theory and practical courses related to assigned program.
- Advise and mentor students across their academic program.
- Facilitate student development and integration of expected nursing values and behaviors.
- Create a learning environment that facilitates student learning and achievement of expected program outcomes.
- Assess and evaluate student learning in the learning environment.
- Participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes.
- Pursue continuous quality improvements in course.
- Serve or chair student dissertation or thesis committees.
- Negotiate and grow cooperative relationships with practice leaders at clinical experiential learning sites.
- Participate in the planning and assessment of our program(s) through faculty governance and quality improvement activities.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with other faculty and staff.
- Maintain compliance with required agency and college policies.
- Develop and maintain academic excellence through practice-relevant inquiry and knowledge dissemination through publications and presentations.
- Participate in teams to obtain funding to support student education and training.
- Maintain clinical practice proficiency by engaging in practice, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain certification in advanced nursing specialty (DNP program).
- Engage with faculty, the administrative leadership team, and students in furthering the mission and goals of the College of Nursing.
- Participate in special projects and faculty governance activities, as needed.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
Rank to be determined byFAPT Committee.
To be considered for each rank minimum requirements:.
- Provide evidence of an Arizona RN license prior to first day of employment with the College of Nursing.
- Provide evidence of an APRN license (for DNP Program) prior to first day of employment with the College of Nursing.
- One year experience teaching
- Maintain own license, immunizations, CPR, and other agency or College requirements and provide evidence of current status.
- Strong team player
For Entry Programs:
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as RN providing direct patient care
For DNP Programs:
- Two (2) years of APRN experience and APRN certification
- Doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, or DNP) in nursing or a related field.
- Evidence of teaching and clinical practice or systems leadership experience, through certification, or equivalent preparation.
- Must meet Clinical Assistant Professor minimums.
- Four (4) years of teaching experience.
- At least two years of teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level.
- Must meet Clinical Associate Professor minimums.
- Extensive clinical experience.
- Extensive teaching experience.
All programs:*Experience teaching diverse student populations. *Experience with curriculum design, program development and evaluation of nursing programs.*Certification in nationally recognized credentialing agency (required for DNP program).*BSN/MEPN:*Previous experience teaching in an entry to practice nursing program.*Recent direct or indirect nursing practice experience.*Experience with simulation in nursing education.*Experience with collaborative/active learning techniques.RN-MS:*Previous experience teaching in a graduate level nursing program.*Experience with on-line teaching methodologies. DNP:*Previous experience teaching in an advanced practice nursing program.*Advanced practice in primary or acute care clinical populations.*Experience with online teaching methodologies.*Record of professional service commensurate with rank.*Program of scholarship and scholarly activities commensurate with rank.Rank :
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
To be DeterminedNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
20 - 40Job FTE:
.50 - 1.0Work Calendar:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
3/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit Contact information of three references, Proof of RN license in Arizona prior to the first day of employment, Resume, and a Cover Letter which must include the clinical areas in which you have experience; (Adult Medical-Surgical, Case Management/Care Transitions, Community/Population Health, Critical Care, Emergency/Trauma, Health Promotion, Hospice/Palliative Care, Long Term Care, Maternal Newborn, Operating Room/Post Anesthesia Care, Pediatric, Primary Care/Ambulatory Care, Psychiatric/Behavioral Health, or Other applicable area).Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.