Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryProvide safety and security for the University Campus including students, faculty, staff, visitors and facilities.
***Based on the coverage needs of the University Safety department, we are seeking to staff position(s) for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts.***
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Perform patrol functions on foot, patrol vehicle, golf cart and bicycle.
- Respond to emergency calls and render appropriate service.
- Investigate and document violations and alleged violations of University policy and Florida Statutes.
- Perform traffic enforcement duties including investigating traffic crashes, issuing traffic/parking citations and providing traffic control.
- Perform other relative duties as directed by the Sergeant.
- Provide student, staff and faculty escort services after dark. Participate in crime prevention programs throughout the University community.
- Investigate reported complaints from students, faculty or staff.
- Unlock campus buildings and facilities daily and on weekends.
- Complete building checks throughout shift, ensuring overall safety and security of University community.
- Based on the coverage needs of the department, we are seeking to staff position(s) for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license
- Class D Florida Security Certification
- Previous law enforcement, emergency services, security, or military experience.
- Experience in a college/university setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Must demonstrate good judgement
- Ability to work independently, and approach others in a professional, respectful, and polite manner.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to rapidly ascend five flights of stairs.
- Exposure to extremes in weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period