Temp - Sr Contract Specialist
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-25
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
UHealth Supply Chain Services is looking for a temporary Sr Contract Specialist that will be responsible for obtaining the best pricing and achieving the best contract terms aligned with the Health Systems needs and requirements. The incumbent will perform complex professional and technical work consisting of contracting for procurement of diverse goods and services and requesting, reviewing proposals, negotiating pricing and terms, and recommending award of contracts.
- Manages contract projects to completion.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analysis to support sourcing decisions, contract negotiations and development.
- Bids or negotiates specific contracts as identified and assigned.
- Minimizes risks by negotiating terms that are the most beneficial to the UHealth system.
- Creates executive summaries and launch package communications.
- Creates/establishes contracts for products and services.
- Ensures contracts are properly executed and archived.
- Ensures the Contract Management System is updated.
- Initiates the item load process.
- Analyzes contract information for important changes and trends.
- Acts as a project manager for Value Analysis Committees (VAC)
- Works with Value Analysis Chairs and Managers to identify and lead projects for the committees.
- Prepares timely and accurate materials for presentation to VAC meetings.
- Presents to Senior Executive Advisory Committee on committee projects.
- Applies strategic and logical thinking to business situations.
- Works with Purchasing to support contract compliance and supplier performance management.
- Assists with other tasks as assigned.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:c106