Ophthalmic Photographer, BASCOM PALMER EYE INSTITUTE
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-25
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Ophthalmic Photographer performs a variety of highly skilled duties associated with the operation of specialized equipment to assist physicians in the examination and treatment of diseases of the eye.
- Performs film and digital fluorescein and ICG angiography, color fundus photography, optical coherence tomography, retinal thickness analysis, slit lamp, and gonio photography.
- Performs patient screening and visual acuity, Humphrey visual field testing, keratometry, axial eye length measurement, and IOL calculations.
- Reports general interpretations, noting various diseases or conditions observed from the photographs, and consulting with physicians concerning various aspects of interpretation.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and techniques in ophthalmic imaging.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies for imaging department.
- Reviews, identifies, labels, and files completed photography, negatives and slides.
- Identifies, reads, and interprets stereoscopic slides and performs technical examinations.
- Sets up and maintains cameras and associated ophthalmic equipment and instruments in proper working order.
- Develops exposed film and mounts labels slides for inclusion on patient’s medical chart
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- High School Diploma /Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:h85