Lennar Mammography Ultrasound Technologist
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-25
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- Obtains and examines the order for an Ultrasound scan to be aware of information such as procedures requested, patient’s condition and any other special notes or comments.
- Ensures that orders are appropriate to the type of exam recommended by physician.
- Notifies supervisor of any discrepancies and/or contacts physician’s office for correct orders if necessary. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Verify the patient’s ID by checking their name and date of birth on electronic medical record and patient’s wristband.
- Always obtain necessary consents and education.
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of Ultrasound scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures under the direction/supervision of a Radiologist using age appropriate standards of practice.
- Ability to integrate diagnostic, laboratory results, patient history and medical records and adapt exam as necessary.
- Adheres to Ultrasound protocols to maintain high quality standards.
- Consistently demonstrates complete competence in performing Ultrasound scans as ordered.
- As required during a procedure, assists positioning patients in required anatomical position for display of body for Ultrasound scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
- Maintain proper aseptic technique utilizing universal precaution guidelines (hand washing, gloves, gown, mask, eye protection and equipment disinfection).
- Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Assist radiologist with interventional Ultrasound procedures.
- Evaluate Ultrasound scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
- Film/transmit to PACS. Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical functions. Charge procedures and supplies in UChart/Radiant.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Provide assistance with orientation and training to new Ultrasound technologists.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Provide education and training to student technologists.
- Applies physical age-specific and/or developmental care needs of patients according to their documented physical/development requirement by competency validation checklist:
- High School Diploma / Equivalent.
- Graduate of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography and/or Vascular accredited program.
- ARDMS registered or registry eligible. Must be registered within one year of hire date.
- CPR and BLS Certification r
- One (1) year of relevant experience preferred, will consider new graduates from accredited schools
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:h85