(Per Diem) Ophthalmic Surgical Technician BASCOM PALMER EYE INSTITUTE -Plantation
Job location: Plantation, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-16
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at Plantation is seeking a Per Diem Ophthalmic Surgical Technician for the Plantation clinic.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, and utensils using various types of autoclaves and high level disinfection equipment.
- Performs quality control through routine testing and cleaning to assure sterilization equipment and instruments are functioning properly.
- Loads autoclaves and/or disinfects equipment in the prescribed manner and set controls to specified time and temperature according to material and requirements of items being sterilized.
- Reads and initials sterilization record to verify appropriate sterilization cycle have been achieved and maintain appropriate sterilization documentation records according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials and to maintain a safe work environment.
- Assigns priority to emergency requests and issues required supplies and equipment based on knowledge of procedure intended.
- Assembles and wraps materials, instruments and supplies according to established aseptic technique.
- Assist with location of instruments stored in the Instrument Room.
- Assists in orientation of new employees to each work assignment area and overall department operation.
- Provides customer service in a professional demeanor for internal and external customers with knowledge, effective communication skills, and customer focused concerns, respecting the privacy of patients, co-workers, and customers.
- Follows through to ensure that established expectations are satisfied and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Performs other related duties as required such as examining sterilization/expiration dates; reporting inoperable equipment; maintain adequate levels of stocked supplies; tests effectiveness of sterilization equipment according to procedure; store new and reprocessed equipment and supplies; cleans shelves and work areas as necessary.
- High school graduate or Equivalent.
- Graduate from a Certified Surgical Technologist Program
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:Temporary-IntermittentPay Grade:h85