Assistant Professor of Clinical - Medicine (Adult Palliative Medicine)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-26
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Job Description for Assistant Professor
Clinical Educator Track
Title: Assistant Professor Clinical Educator Track
Institution: University of Miami
Division: Geriatric Medicine
Reports to: Chief, Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
Faculty Appointment: Assistant Clinical Professor
Type of Position: Full Time
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The physician in the clinical track is responsible for providing direct patient medical care to adult patients on Palliative services. He/she will be involved with medical student, resident and fellow education. He/she must be leading an educational or administrative project within the Division of Geriatric Medicine.
Outline of Essential Job Responsibilities/Functions to Include but are not Limited to:
• Consultation for hospitalized patients on any service and outpatient clinical ambulatory setting.
• Participate in quality improvement activities.
• Participate in committee work.
• Participate in medical student, resident and fellow education.
• Provide assistance for developing the Hospice and Palliative Medicine program.
• Pursue independent academic projects such as research.
• Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Board Certified or eligible in Palliative Care Medicine.
• Awarded degree of M.D. or D. O. form an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency.
• Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply.
• Completion of the ACGME- accredited training program in Palliative Care and Hospice Medicine.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
• Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Faculty-UMMGPay Grade:50