HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT #00029219 (DUAL POSTING OF JOID 36079)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36080
Hiring Department Human Resources This is a dual posting of Job Opening ID 36079 - SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT. Only one position will be filled depending on the qualifications of the final candidate. Application DeadlineOpen Until Filled Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit Eligible Salary$48,000-$54,000/annuallyJob Description
Basic Function & Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Consultant serves as a business partner and focuses on strategic partnership with campus leadership in helping them to achieve their desired mission and vision. Responsibilities include facilitating and coordinating the application of human resources policies and procedures for assigned campus unit(s) This position will work closely to partner with the centers of expertise and the Director of HR to provide information about the challenges and issues facing the divisions, schools and colleges they support that will help drive the broader campus HR strategy, including organizational effectiveness, effective hiring and selection, employee and manager performance, and other related aspects.
- Advise and assist unit management in application of human resources policies and procedures.
- Review and coordinate processing of transactions to be entered in Human Resources Information System (new hires, terminations, pay actions, etc.).
- Review, analyze and make recommendations regarding human resources related issues, e.g. pay equity, promotions, new hires, organizational structures, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate processing of formal employee relations issues and investigations, disciplinary actions and terminations; investigate formal complaints involving working conditions and discrimination, assessing risk, making recommendations to management for effective resolution and ensuring documentation is sufficient; reviews and recommends corrective actions and terminations within the assigned business units.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify and support management coaching needs; work with campus administrators and HR expertise areas such as recruitment, training and development, compliance, benefits, compensation and payroll to implement, interpret and apply University policies.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Coach administrators in HR matters to enable and develop their talent.
- Understand and translate strategy into organizational goals and HR needs; grasp the big picture and ensure the HR transactions support what is needed at the higher level; analyze root causes and develop innovative solutions that are configured to support the culture of that division, school or college.
- Create a culture and climate conducive to high-impact teamwork, and which values innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Proactively develop plans with college and division leadership to recognize superior performance and preempt performance problems; develop succession plans and identify succession risks at all levels within the portfolio group.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of workplace trends and the employee-related challenges experienced within their division, identifying opportunities for organizational improvement.
- Synthesize, analyze, and report the information with the goal of adapting processes, procedures, and tools.
- In collaboration with HR center of expertise leaders, develop tools, job aids, and communication materials to increase the college and division understanding and adoption of current practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Three (3) years of experience in the functional areas of human resources.
- Professional level generalist knowledge of human resources administrative practices including those related to recruitment/staffing, compensation/benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and workforce functional areas of HR particularly employee relations, performance management, recruiting, compensation, management development, employment laws and change management.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certifications are desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities with accuracy and outstanding customer service skills.
- Self-directed with ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for change.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose issues, potential risk to the organization, develop alternative solutions, recommend and implement an effective course of action while exercising good judgment and commitment to fairness and honesty.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, and human resource information systems.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: