SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
Posting Number: SRGV4960
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Accred Effect & Quality Enh
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the facilitation and continuous quality and process improvement in the undergraduate curriculum and other areas of the UTRGV School of Medicine (SOM).
Description of Duties:
• Oversees the intersecting and cross-functional areas of student assessment, course and clerkship evaluation, program evaluation, quality improvement (QI), staff training and development, and alignment with accreditation requirements.
• Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the quality improvement process, linking information gleaned from student, course, and program evaluation data with quality improvement and faculty development activities.
• Provides specialized expertise to support and monitor multi-functional efforts in process
management, data gathering and analysis, and infrastructure development.
• Engages in ongoing collaboration with other program areas (i.e., Student Affairs, Faculty Matters, etc.) to identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities beneficial to the School of Medicine, and to facilitate assurances that all QI related requirements are met, documented and processed for Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) accreditation purposes.
• Participates in monthly LCME phone conferences.
• Participates in ad hoc LCME-related operational meetings.
• Consults with appropriate deans, faculty, program directors, module/clerkship/course directors, and others to develop resources and support for educational effectiveness, innovation, research and scholarships.
• Works closely with systems analysts (IT) to develop and maintain a robust IT system for
data collection, analysis and distribution to support continuous quality improvement
• Provides quality improvement in-service training, plans and coordinates other QI learning and research activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Masters’ Degree from an accredited university.
Masters’ Degree in Business (MBA), Public (MPA) or Healthcare Administration (MHA), Public Health (MPH), or related fields of study from an accredited university.
Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in medical education and/or higher education administration, including process improvement and Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Quality Improvement performance recommendations or regional accrediting body standards and processes.
• Familiarity and or experience with various quality and process improvement approaches designed to facilitate synergistic program operations, systems integration and collaborative teaching and learning practices.
• Applied knowledge in establishing realistic, achievable program performance measures.
• Experience in the application of statistical programs and/or project management quality improvement software. Familiarity/experience with information technology and its application to quality improvement.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Demonstrated abilities in complex project management, strategic planning, problem solving, and process improvement principle. Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/05/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27806
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency